French wars of religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French wars of religion

Im France, Age of Exploration (1492 start) 1.08, vanilla, VH.

Ive taken or vassalized most of Italy, taken Gerona, Calais, Artois, Flanders. A few colonies in North America (north of the TOT zone). 4 refineries, 2 FAA's. researching infra 4. Trying to stay out of wars, so my BB points can go down (after hitting almost 22 out of 40, theyre down below 19 finally)

Got the French wars of religion event. Went with moderate. Thats kinda sorta how ive been RPing France, and i cant see going another way. With so many catholic province, (ive converted a few of the reform ones, plus theres Italy) i cant go Reform. Not keen on CRC, and dont want to lose Henry IV, who should be a good leader, I guess.

Your thoughts on this choice.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

I've always found myself missing out on the wars of religion because so little happened. Unfortunately I can't remember which choice I made for the event, but I always stay Catholic and tend to do what's easiest for events which seems the same as your choice.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
      I've always found myself missing out on the wars of religion because so little happened. Unfortunately I can't remember which choice I made for the event, but I always stay Catholic and tend to do what's easiest for events which seems the same as your choice.
      I dont always do whats easiest, but i dont know the game well enough to know when taking a questionable choice is going to make the game a little harder, and when its going to make it immensely harder.

My first try on VH was as OE, and I passed on the COT at Istanbul. Which I later realized handicapped me more than I wanted.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Get AGC/EEP if you want cool wars of religion events.

I'm mostly loving agc, it actually makes it hard to expand, although the AI still hates to colonize the east indies and all the crapper little east africans keep stealing south africa.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
        X