Problem with Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Victoria

The problem is that (no matter the computer I install the game at), anytime I try to save the game a message shows up: critical error, could not open savegames/name of the game.eug
    bla bla bla
    Oh, and the internet page I should get help at is broken as well
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Try go to the Paradox forums, there they have some really skilled people ready to help.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

People at technical help told me to simply create "save games" folder...
      It'd be funny if it was so easy.
      Middle East!

Comment

Did it work?
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If he actually has managed to delete his save game folder, I'd imagine it did.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I did not delete it. It was not installed. I installed this game on other computer and this folder was not created there as well. OK. First I played Grece, and immediately allied with Russia and attacked Turkey. It was going well, but decided not to be too greedy and took just 3 provinces. But I could not save that game, and next were not that good, so I quit. Next I played Sardinia, but I went bancrupt. The manual sucks and I had to learn the game by playing it. Next I played Mexico, and it went OK. I became one of the great powers. I conquered Texas but 1 province, and sevral provinces in the USoMA, but I did not manage to beat the French and Spaniards attacking me after I refused to pay 100000 gold, so I quit. Not I'm playing Austria. I learned much about the economy of the game. Still, wars were hard. I had to reload when I accidentally went into Crymean war as British ally. You see, I had the longest boarder with Russia and I could not manage to defend it all. I've won nearly all the battles, but they managed to move further and further. So, after reloading, I backed off from one war, losing prestige. I decided to question Prussian supremacy in Germany, though. It was beautiful. Together with Russia and Bavaria I crushed the bastard. But I've made a mistake. Instead of taking many provinces, I've just taken two provinces, Swinoujscie (Swinemunde) and Strzalowo (Stralsund), and made Prussia my vassal. Of course, after some time they got free from me. I earned a new ally, though. My next war was in defence of it, against France and Prussia. Prussia lost this war (lost just one province, Netherlands were more severly injured; what saved Prussia was lack of pass for the French armies to the east), but I managed to crush its ally, Sardinia (which managed to conquer Parma, Modena and Two Sicilies meanwhile). I would have swollowed it whole, but the French controffensive approached so I took just several provinces. Anyway, I'm number 5 right now. Sadly, I did not understand the concept of colonies completely at the start of the game, so I only have one, though a big one: Nigeria. Now I have some questions PLEASE ANSWER 1) why can't I give Nigeria the rank of a state, which would allow me to build factories there? 2) what's the use of priests? 3) what's the use of aristocrats? 4) what's the use of officials? 5) how can I make the number of population figures (that is, workers/ farmers / whatever) grow faster? Do all those social reforms help it? Do political reforms influence it? I have one province which has NO citizens. Can I do anything about it? I import luxury and quotidienne stuff, but it seems these dumb citizens of mine do not use it, though it says they need it. why? Sometimes I want to gather new unit of soldiers, but the nationality is missing. why? what does it mean? Thanks.
            Middle East!

Comment

Please, divide up your post so that it's readable. I'll try to descipher what you wrote, but it's really tiresome to read that post of yours...

1) One of the provinces there need to have a majority of your state culture pops.

2) Before tech X you gain reasearch points I think. I'm not sure of it though. I'd not make more of them if I were you though, all usefulness disappears with that tech.

3) Money

4) Officials? You mean officiers?

5) Get immigration by having i)no debt, ii)good reforms, both political and social and having a liberal party in power. Liberal parties however, won't make you able to reform your policies to the better IIRC. Get growth by researching the right techs(right now I just remember Medicine, but there are more. Read the descriptions).

BTW, I have installed this game on 3 computers more than 10 times. All the times the save game folder was there.

Comment

I could not write it otherwise. Enter button was broken on that computer.
                Thanks for answers! My population grows fast now, I'm not sure why, to be exact. I also learned how to fight, and so, I annexed Toscania, Papal States, and reduced Switzerland to one province. Would have crushed Prussia, but I couldn't engage in a war against it having hostile Russia on my back. Right now it's year 1909, and Britain declared war against me. I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold them back (well, I could be able to do that, if no-one else attacks me), so I'm preparing for a new game. France looks like a good choice, though Russia or Britain sounds interesting as well. Austria is a hard game in comparison to France, because it boarders Russia, Turkey, Prussia, Sardinia and (in my case, after defeating Sardinia) France.
                My war against Britain was going well. They were sending armies, I was crushing them (they took my beloved Nigeria colony, though), except for that they kept sending new armies into one battlefield and eventually took two of my provinces (I have access to the Baltic sea after crippling Prussia for the second time, which means I must divide my forces), until Ottomans declared war upon me. It was then that I stopped playing. Well, I have plenty of population (over 100mlns), so I can mobilise much much more army, but it's tiresome. What I like the best about this game is building factories and trade. It's almost as nice as colonisation (sid's that is).

Aristocrats give You money? How? And why do they tend to die out? They don't get enough luxury stuff? But I do import it?

4) probably, I have polish version.

5) descriptions suck.

When it comes to the folder: I don't think I'm the first one to have that problem. otherwise they wouldn't know what to do. It must be sth with Polish version...
                Middle East!

Comment

Aristocrats give you money because they are in the rich part of the populations, and therefore give you much money through tax. But I'd rather have capitalists, as they give you a few other bonuses too, research and stuff. If they die out, you probably tax them too high. What's your tax level?

Comment

uh, 50-60% OK. I didn't mean officiers. I've ment officials, people working in offices; bureaucrats, state employees, I don't know the word they've used. I wanted to play France, but it sucks. I can't make the taxes higher than 50%, and must reduce the support for the fleet to 0 to gain any money. I don't have enough recourses. Which nation would You recommend?
                    Middle East!

Comment

The easiest countries I think must be the US and the UK.

Comment

Aristocrats also enhance Farming and Mining RGO´s
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

But what's with the office workers?
                          Middle East!

Comment

Who are these "office workers"? Clerks?

Comment

probably.
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X