Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Paradox game are you playing these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until about a month or so ago I was playing HOI2 but that game now bores me. I've switched to Vicky but the AI just sucks donkey balls and the world market seems to collapse around 1890-1900 though because countries are all industrialized so the AI pulls everyone off of the RGOs and puts them into factories. That results in world wide production of raw materials collapsing and most factoriesbeing ideal due to lack of materials.

That's a major game killing flaw.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

EU2, the only Paradox game I ever played(EUI doesnt count ). I'm playing as Austria with a goal of conquering all of Europe(including Russia and it's area) and converting them all to Catholicism. By now(~1680) I have only Spain and Portugal left to conquer, and they reduced to one province size plus colonies. I think I'll finish before 1720, with the last 20 years spent on repeated conversion attempts(but after converting Thrace on the second attempt, I'm not afraid anymore).

My previous game was with Vijanagar, a first attempt with a not European nation. I conquered everything from Judea to Taiwan by 1750 and got tired of the game.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Just played that Crusader Kings thing for awhile but for some reason it's the only Paradox game I can't get into. Maybe it's how hard it seems to just invade everyone and own the world - for some reason, if you can't pursue world domination, it's just not as fun. Never got into the "see how strong I can make Argentina" part of playing these games. Maybe it's time to head back to HOI2.
        Air Mattress Woods
        Air Flow Mattress
        Air Mattress Pad
        Air Mattress Blow

Comment

I'm currently in the end of a Vicky game(decided to try once more after all the hype here lately) as the US. I only manage to play decently with the US, UK and sometimes Germany/Prussia it seems. Or, I did do somewhat well with Russia once, but it was a pain in the ass with that large area that needed railroading and industrializing, I really hope an eventual Victoria 2 do something with that hopeless MM... Well, my US game went well, I decided to do little landgrabbing and instead build an empire on other means. The last 30 years I've been filthy rich, and the last 15-20 years or so I've used to buy land areas by money, tech and claims. I've got lots of land from the UK by buying the one claim they don't have here and there and selling it. It gives you usually some 3-4 provinces before oyu pour in the money.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by torbes
            Just played that Crusader Kings thing for awhile but for some reason it's the only Paradox game I can't get into. Maybe it's how hard it seems to just invade everyone and own the world - for some reason, if you can't pursue world domination, it's just not as fun. Never got into the "see how strong I can make Argentina" part of playing these games. Maybe it's time to head back to HOI2.
            Are you kidding? I have to restrain myself to not owning half the world by 1150 and the whole lot by 1250 or somewhere along that road! I love CK, but its main flaw is that it is too easy, even for me that is only mediocre good. I've never needed house rules and restraining myself before I got this game.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

None unfortunately, I really like EU2 and have though about getting Victoria but I dont have the time right now.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Have the first Hearts of Iron which was ok but gets stale after awhile . It was the mod work that made the game shine as alot was done to improve the AI. CORE mod.

Comment

I still play EU2 which is the only Paradox game that I really enjoyed!
                  EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Hey! Uglyduck sighting! Long time no see! I still remember your time at Paradox.

Comment

My most recent game was HOI2 but I'm bored with it. I'll likely pick it up again when 1.3 gets released.

Of course Civ 4 is going to prevent much else from getting played.

Comment

Over the last few days I've been giving HOI2 another chance. I never tried to make a united Scandinavia as a puppet of Germany before but I'm a bit miffed that Paradox forgot to give Scandinavia any tech teams at all.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck
                          I still play EU2 which is the only Paradox game that I really enjoyed!
                          Hey! UD. Long time no see

Whenever I play Paradox games nowadays I play CK. I still have EU2 installed though - guess it's time to take the old one out for a spin soon...
                          --
                          Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
                          Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

Some time ago I swore that I'd never take Paradox games off my computer.
                            A month or two ago though I got a new computer and still haven't had the chance to reinstall them all.

EU2 is the only thing I've played that has come close to Civ2 and is my favourite Paradox game.
                            I'm a big HoI fan too and have all of the others but just haven't really had enough time yet to really get the hang of them.

To date HoI2 is still sitting in it's box as I never got around to installing it on my old PC.

I have some rectifying to do when I get home ...

Comment

I love Victoria, after playing Victoria I gave Civ4 a look, but just couldn't take it seriously as a strategy game.

HoI2, so far as Poland I've crushed Germany before they could come after me and am now the 3rd superpower (and for manpower reasons when ptted against the might of the Sovjet Union, the worlds only nuclear power) and owner of most of Europe (except that yucky French bit). Playing HoI2 with HoI1 mod-graphics adds some freshness too.

Haven't played EU2 in years, never really got into it.

Vicky has spoilt me for most other strategy titles, I looked at Civ4 and snickered, looks like a game for children when compared to real strategic gaming. I'm hoping superpower 2 will come out in the UK soon, that looks like a serious (but buggy) game.
                              Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

Working...
                              X