Diploannexing Problems in EU2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diploannexing Problems in EU2

Okay, I have searched the Paradox Forums for an answer to this and I am getting mixed messages from what I have read.

In my current game (Brittany) I am basically the only Catholic Nation worth mentioning (though Bavaria is the HRE as the only other Catholic Nation in the HRE Edit: Afterthought, The Knights may still hold territory within the HRE as well).

Now I am after the Protestants and the Orthodox.

In my previous game (Venice) I was able to vassalize various protestant nations as a result of war and later to annex them (after 20 years usually). However I wasn't able to annex my vassals Persia, Oman or the Ottoman Empire. From what I have read I beleive the reason for this is because of their different religion.

Therefore I don't know if I have made a mistake in my current game. I now have both Russia (Orthodox) and Sweden (Protestant) as my vassals (I have been making sure not to vassalize any Sunni or ****e nations).

Will I be able to annex either or both of Sweden/Russia after the 20 year period?

I don't know which nations to vassalize and which to only accept provinces in my peace deals, but I don't want to vassalize someone if I can't later annex them.

Reading Paradox has me confused between diplovassalizing / diploannexing and militaryvassalizing / militaryannexing.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

I haven't played much EU2 for a while now, but I am sure that you can do this with the Protestants/Reformed after the Edict of Tolerance and the Orthodox all the time.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

A belated thanks to Nikolai for answering my question, I have since Annexed both Russia and Sweden (and threw in England and Bavaria for good measure).

There arn't many christians other then me left on the planet now and at 1804 Vassalization is less preferable an option anyway, but what about vassalizing and later annexing the other religions? There are many nations that surround me of different religions, ****e, Sunni, Buddist etc.......at any point in the game can you vassalize and annex a country which has a religion other then christianity (Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, Reformed)?

At one point I thought I might be able to take over the rest of the world before the completion of this game, but even though I am far and away the only real power in the game, I counted and think there are still 54 other nations still in the game, even if I was very luck with Cassus Belli the rest of the way, there is no way I could even come close to annexing 54 other nations. I am now content to try and become #1 in every area of trade, I lead right now in 19 commodities, and only have Tea left to take control over

/me
      /me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

It's been a while since I played EU2 extensively now, but I think you can annex other religions diplomatically if you force vassalize them first. But I might remember wrong...
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
        X