Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've played too much EU2 when ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you've played too much EU2 when ....

You're driving from New York back to Virginia, and decide to stop off at the beach in New Jersey, and wind up in Long Branch, and find it is predominantly Portugese speaking, and you think "damn, that must have been an interesting game"
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Your at a store where the clerk tells you that the product has to be imported from Spain and after leaving your girlfriend turns to you and says "Don't they know that Spain was annexed by Venice?"

When you talk about how many provinces the United States has.

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

When you start wondering why governors aren't doing such a good job at reducing inflation ...

Comment

When there's no way you'll travel from Chicago to Tokyo in one trip, given the high attrition...
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

... you insist on travelling in a warship instead of a transport (or "pleasure cruise liner", as they call it) because of the higher speed (and thus lower attrition) of those.

... you consider revolting against the local authorities after watching meteors at the night sky (babbling about an evil omen or something).

... you send letters to your president (calling him "majesty") complaining about every province having multiple centers of trade instead of the other way round.

... you start linking the weather to the state of political stability in your country.

... you keep sending insults to other countries´ leaders hoping to draw them into a war.

... you try to convince the natives in Africa that they now have to be english catholics because the latter´s number in the area has exceeded 1000.

... you complain to the mayor of Dresden (Germany) that his city is located at the Elbe river, while you *know* that it ought to be far more to the west with no water in sight...

... you pay everything with ducats, equalling several tenthousand dollars each.
          Last edited by Micha; July 13, 2005, 13:10.
          Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
          Let me eat your yummy brain!
          "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

...you are surprised Sweden is not one of thec world´s leading powers.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It is not? Traitor! Liar! Burn the Heretic!!!

All hail Johan Andersson, God of Thunder and Rock'n'Roll!

Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
              Let me eat your yummy brain!
              "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                ...you are surprised Sweden is not one of thec world´s leading powers.
                come now, ive seen these huge blue and yellow fort like buildings in Elizabeth, New Jersey, just outside NYC, northeast of Baltimore, and along interstate 95 south of washington in Virginia. Note, these huge fortifications all stand on key transportation routes. Very strategic. And I just saw another one, a new one, on the other side of Washington. Clearly the Swedes are set on occupying the east coast of North America. Time to prepare some sieges, I say!

(now some people say these menacing forts have something to do with cheap furniture, but i dont beleive it for a minute)
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Johan for President! No, king! No, Emperor! No, no, no, no.............Deity!

--------------------------------------------

...you wonder who´s HRE right now.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

...you wonder who´s HRE right now.
                    Wouldn' this be shroeder?
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I hope not. It might be Carlos(or whatever that guy on Spain´s thone is named), he is a distant relative to the Habsburgs, right?

Comment

I hope not. It might be Carlos(or whatever that guy on Spain´s thone is named), he is a distant relative to the Habsburgs, right?

Plenty of ways to go with this one, i think.

In fact the HRE was abolished in 1804, per some treaty between Nappy and the Austrians, I think.

But lets go with it. First, who is the residual hapsburg heir? As far as central Europe is concerned, it should be an heir of the Austrian hapsburgs, no? IIRC there was a Rudolph von Hapsburg, who was the heir to the AH hapsburgs, who was actually a conservative member of the EP. I think he died, so you could look for HIS heir.

Juan Carlos is more interesting, as he is actually a king. Yes, he does have Haps ancestry - thats how the Bourbons got the throne of Spain.

Or you could take Henriks view - HR Emperor was ELECTED, so the elected head of the "German nation" is equiv to HRE - but shouldnt that be the head of state (whats his name, the Pres of Germany) NOT the head of govt, Schroeder.

Of course the HRE was chosen not by the people, but by electors who were rulers of principalities. So maybe thats not the right way to go.

One could consider the EU the heir of the HREs presumption to universal soveriengty, since it includes all the states of europe (sorry Norway) So the chair of the EU is the HRE - which means the incoming emperor is, er, Tony Blair

Or one could focus on the universal soveriegnty aspect, the inheritance of Rome - one state, governed with a Senate that meets on Capitol Hill, its motto "novo ordo seclorum", is the logical candidate. I speak of course of the United States, and so George W Bush is in fact Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

A good one. But about Scröder: Do remember that being king of Germany was not the same as being HRE.

Comment

ah, not rudolph, Otto, of course

"Hapsburg, Otto von, 1912–, Austrian archduke and former pretender to the Austro-Hungarian throne, son of Emperor Charles I and Empress Zita. After World War II began, he went to the United States and made an unsuccessful attempt to form an Austrian legion to fight Germany. Returning to Europe in 1946, he remained in exile. In 1961, he relinquished his claims to the throne and subsequently was allowed to visit Austria. He was elected to the European Parliament from Bavaria (1979 and 1989). An author and lecturer, he wrote The Social Order of Tomorrow (1957, tr. 1959) and a biography of the emperor Charles V (tr. 1970)."

Comment

Interesting story there!
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                              X