EU2: Weird Peace Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU2: Weird Peace Results

Not sure how commonplace this is, but in my current game as Brittany I was at war with France and Provence. I controlled Langedoc (Provence) and was seiging the province of Provence herself (say that 3 times fast ).

Provence was the leader in this attack (they attacked me) and France was offering 300 ducats for Peace so I accepted peace with them thinking I could continue the seige in Provence.

Shortly after I accepted peace France Annexed Provence and my seige ended (as I was at peace with France). While I was dissappointed at the result, I wasn't surprised.

What did surprise me however is that Langedoc was now part of my territory (not just under my control, but owned by Brittany).

Is this a common occurance or a glitch in the game or.......???

Anyone ever had similar occurances?

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

It would make sense if you controlled Languedoc when France annexed Provence. Did your siege complete and France annex Provence immediately?

If not then it is just one of those minor bugs to do with annexations.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Yep...this is the first cousin to the same game mechanic that allows for "turbo-annexation."

Simply put, the rule of the day is: If your capitol falls (and none of your other provinces are under your control), then ownership of all your provinces reverts to whomever presently controls them.

In EU I, this mechanic was used to get around the game mechanic that said you couldn't gain more than three provinces per war from any given country, so what you did was, take over all the provinces of a country, park a thousand guys on the capitol province (to prevent recruitment), wait for the province to rebel, retreat your guys, let the rebels sack the capitol, and you walk away with the whole country (minus the capitol, of course).

Same principle at work here, 'cept that Provence lost control of their capitol, not to rebels, but to the French, who annexed them.

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

One thing, if you were at war with Province, how did France annex them as the annexer and the annexee both must be at peace for diplo-annexing.

Or did that France inherits Province event occur?
        There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

I believe it was an Event yes.

But your question is kinda what I was asking myself.....how could that happen? Now I think I understand.

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

It´s a bad trigger if not both countries need to be at peace for the inheritance to happen. Actually, I have rarely seen that event, since France usually has annexed all its neighbours by 1450... (While the event is triggered for 1470? or something similar.
            Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
            Let me eat your yummy brain!
            "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Working...
            X