Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whither "Whither Spain?" Want more, or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whither "Whither Spain?" Want more, or not?

Im not looking for praise, but I would like to know if folks would like to see more of "Whither Spain?" I have some ideas for some side views into this world (a little further afield from the strategic struggle then Ive done so far, but still anchored in game mechanics) and Im sure my current game as Spain will continue to generate incidents that suggest a good story to me, as the "relief of Milan" did. I see alot of views, but few replies. If folks dont find it interesting, I may not bother writing further.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

If you are looking for encouragement, please continue

I read everything on this forum (Paradox Games) on EU2. I have only been playing EU2 for a couple of months, and both the problems you encounter and the solutions you find and those that are suggested by other have been great help to me and my games.

I am one of those that "views" but doesn't reply. I don't have a lot to offer in terms of advice (being a newbie too) but I enjoy the read.

Unfortunately I worry too much about becoming a spammer, and after 6 years of posting I still tend to not offer an opinion unless asked (as you have done) unless I have something I especially want to say on a particular issue.

EU2 has quickly equaled Civ2 as my favourite game and I enjoy reading about others games, so please keep posting!!

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Yes, carry on. Particularly if you are getting something out of it. I do read your posts, not just the game mechanics related ones.

It has caused me to rethink some of my playing techniques so it has been well worthwhile.

I may not post much as I am currently trying to get to grips with CK, a rather different animal.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

I enjoy reading them, they're good writing

This forum is a good place to write them, but I think you shouldn't be writing for an audience, but more for yourself. If you enjoy writing it, you really should continue posting them. However, if your motivation withers, the story shouldn't become a chore.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          I enjoy reading them, they're good writing

This forum is a good place to write them, but I think you shouldn't be writing for an audience, but more for yourself. If you enjoy writing it, you really should continue posting them. However, if your motivation withers, the story shouldn't become a chore.
          thanks to all.

I really only write when I "feel a story coming on" - i dont labor to write this stuff (though the typing IS a chore, and I might not bother if i thought no one was reading.

The odd thing - I sometimes read Soc.history.what-if, an alternative history group (one with a rigourous historical bent, not a science fictiony bent) and i have real hard time doing what they do. I will post a what if question (under a different name, BTW) sometimes with a couple of paragraphs of where things might head - or respond to a real specific historical questions. But the long, multipart stories, with characters, etc, seem to hard. With EU2 it just writes itself. I see something happening, and it can be a real simple game mechanic - a DP slider change, or a siege broken off - and its easy to think about what that had to mean in the real world, esp if youve read much about this period in history, or war, politics, administration, etc in general. Put another way, its such a good (if still simplified) model of reality, it
          makes it easy to convert back from the model.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

chiming in late, but yes! Please continue!

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
            X