Crusader Kings - The joys of Roleplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusader Kings - The joys of Roleplay

Once again I started playing CK, now with the new 1.4 patch it is a lot more stable and fun. The thing I like most about it is the vast roleplaying possibilities, as CK is a character-based game.

Now that´s where the fun starts! Have you ever wondered about teenager moms? Yes? Then have a look at this:
    Attached Files
    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
    Let me eat your yummy brain!
    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

I tell you, those pagans do witchcraft! I mean, which zealous Christian is able to reproduce at the age of four???

What other funny things have you run across while playing CK? Post pictures if possible!

My second-favourite episode is the five year old "lustful" brat... (THAT is precocious...)
    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES

Comment

I just own it for a week or so. Have not finished one complete game yet. I like CK generally very much, although some elements still need change IMO (and I'm glad they are still patching it).
      Blah

Comment

I haven't acutally played it yet.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oh you definately should! It´s great fun! (Though it becomes incredibly easy once you find out "the trick"...

Comment

CK is fantastic, the only Paradox game better is EU2. With 1.04a it's becoming a good game, although lots of problems is still unsolved there, but as soon as you install the latest beta, it becomes a whole new game! It still has some issues, but the large amount of fixes, and not to forget additions in large quantities makes it really enjoyable.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Hm, the pope has asked me to grant one of his bishops a place in my court. Of course I agreed. Now, shock! That Bishop was a skeptical, lustful heretic

I don´t know, but shouldn´t the Pope chose his servants more ... conscientiously?

Comment

Well, considering I've seen heretic, lustful, kinslayer popes before...
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I'm just replying to this thread because Micha introduced me to Paradox and did an awesome thing

Oh, and much love for CK
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Jamski!

So you have tried those other titles as well? Most excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
                      Oh you definately should! It�s great fun! (Though it becomes incredibly easy once you find out "the trick"...
                      Are you going to share the details on "The Trick" with the rest of the class?
                      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

The game's pretty easy. But it has become a little harder after the beta patches came. I don't think it is one single trick though.

Comment

Since this thread is for strange things - I have a dead bishop as one of my vassals now for decades and some provinces without coastlines have sea ports
                          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                            Since this thread is for strange things - I have a dead bishop as one of my vassals now for decades and some provinces without coastlines have sea ports

And this after the latest patch? I mean the ports issue... Pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue
                              Are you going to share the details on "The Trick" with the rest of the class?
                              No I´m not. It spoils the game too terribly once you know about it. Enjoy as long as you are still innocent

Really, this "trick" is a standard strategy that can be applied to any kingdom and duchy you play. It abuses the game´s inability to simulate certain aspects of empire building and takes advantage of the strange war-and-peace engine. Also it leads to totally unhistorical and in reality impossible outcomes of the game, as well as a sure win with any country you chose.

So better it´s not mentioned to those who don´t know yet. If you really like to know, at the Paradox Forums (which are currently down because they move to another server) there are lots of threads about this strategy and demands to put an end to it

Comment

Working...
                              X