What Scenario for the MP Eu2 Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Scenario for the MP Eu2 Game?

I personally prefer the 1419 scenario for multiplay, and the collaborative AI bashing at the beginning is just part of the fun. Yes, 1492 means PvP sooner, and perhaps an easier start for the majors, but that beginning period can be a warmup where people have a chance to get a feel for the MP game (every one is different) and set themselves up for colonization...

I also prefer 1419 because I can effectively play as a Dutch nation.

However, if the majority want to go with 1492 because they dislike the 15th century or whatever, that's probably what we should do.
    The Grand Campaign (1419)
    33.33%
    The Age of Exploration (1492)
    66.67%
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

OK, 1492.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Just to broaden the horizon, there's also a couple of scenarios that are very popular at PIF; Peter Ebessen's balanced scenario and Bocaj's 1453 scenario being the main ones, Ryoken's balanced 1492 also being an option. They all look good, and are designed with MP in mind, so they might be more fun & balanced.

Bocaj's 1453 Scenario

Peter Ebbesen's Age of Explorations (1492 & 1520)

Ryoken's Balanced 1492 Scenario
        "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

It's not that I dislike the 15th Century, but more that I like France and the Ottomans being formed, and Spain's formation is just around the corner. Egnland's civil war is over, Austria isn't getting hammered by Hungary, etc.

I like the idea of the balanced 1492 scenario.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Here's an idea, I read it in the settings for one of the PIF MP games doing Ryoken's balanced 1492 scenario:

Have a player start playing Holland if and when it revolts and give the player 20k cavalry and some coin so he can win independence and form the Netherlands within 10 years.

This would work well for me since I can't be here this Saturday; if the rest of you were to play up to the point where Holland revolts (c. 1560) I would join in the next weekend and start from there.

Just brainstorming - I'm not even sure we want to or can make this a weekly game on Saturdays, I guess we should figure that out too...
            - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Working...
            X