What now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What now?

I was playing Germany today and things are going great. First I build industry, then antiair cannons (since upgrading is so expensive its not worth building an air force), finally about 1938 I start building an army. I diligently place my army into groups on the polish border and get ready to invade. Finally the Danzig or War event triggers and instead of going to war the Poles just go ahead and give me Danzig.

It looks like I have what I wanted so why go to war now?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Wait until the aussurance of independence expires perhaps? Or maybe build up and research until late in the game, to start a nuclear havoc?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Declare you must "liberate" Alsance-Lorraine from the evil French?

Comment

Disarm your military and live in world peace.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I decided just to invade Poland any way. They're in alliance with the other allies and I figure they'd attack me sooner or later so I might as well kill them while the killing is good.

Comment

I would start by filling in those of us who lurk and are newbies to Paradox with what game you are playing (the posters above obviously know.......I don't though ).

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Pifffffff. Canadians.

(It's Hearts of Iron 2 a WW2 game )

Comment

Ah!!

Still just getting used to EU2. HOI is well beyond me yet, but considering that I didn't know what Paradox was 2 months ago and am now quite addicted to EU2, I am sure that HOI will follow soon enough

/me the proud but ignorant Canadian
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

As long as we're talking about HOI@ I'd like to ask why the game attracts so many l33t kids? I mean just rude noobheads. I can hardly play online without running into these kids who brag on and on about how good they are and then the moment they start to lose they just up and leave the game.

Then there is the jerks who kick people out of the lobby without even saying anything. As I rule I don't kick people and instead speak to them and ask them to leave. If you explain the game is full or is a contest between a group of players then most people understand and are greatful that you at least treated them like a human being and told them what was going on. Instead of doing that though many people just kick other's out of the lobby and cause the program to freeze. That's really annoying as half the time you have to reboot.

What will it take to teach people gaming ettiquette?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    As long as we're talking about HOI@ I'd like to ask why the game attracts so many l33t kids? I mean just rude noobheads. I can hardly play online without running into these kids who brag on and on about how good they are and then the moment they start to lose they just up and leave the game.

I don't have any experience with paradox games online, so I don't know how it compares to the other games. It could just be the usual behaviour, that you find in every online game. Or maybe people with this attitude are more inclined to HoI than other paradox games because it is a more straight-up war game and more 'action' oriented.

Then there is the jerks who kick people out of the lobby without even saying anything. As I rule I don't kick people and instead speak to them and ask them to leave. If you explain the game is full or is a contest between a group of players then most people understand and are greatful that you at least treated them like a human being and told them what was going on. Instead of doing that though many people just kick other's out of the lobby and cause the program to freeze. That's really annoying as half the time you have to reboot.
                    Again, could just be the normal online behaviour you see everywhere, or maybe it's because paradox fans are predominately humourless, boring, snobish grognards that don't want to waste their breathe talking to a peon while they're waiting for their war game buddy to show up.

What will it take to teach people gaming ettiquette?
                    Nothing short of nerve stapling, I'm afraid.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                      I don't have any experience with paradox games online, so I don't know how it compares to the other games. It could just be the usual behaviour, that you find in every online game. Or maybe people with this attitude are more inclined to HoI than other paradox games because it is a more straight-up war game and more 'action' oriented.
                      In my experience WW2 games attracts a different crowd from medieval warfare games, and more important: a larger crowd. A larger crowd means more bad apples...
                      --
                      Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
                      Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

That must be true.

Comment

Working...
                        X