(EU2) Civil war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (EU2) Civil war?

What kind of event is that, I mean you get the message "civil war" out of nothing, lose dozens of your provinces and armies are changing sides as well without the slightest sign of a crisis before (+stability, high treasury, in peace time)?

Is there anything you can do to prevent such an event from happening or is that also completely random?

Blah

Have a high stability. It makes the event extremely improbable. But I agree, it's a crap feature as it is now.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The worst part about civil war is losing your generals.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Wow. I've only ever seen a single one and that was only a few months ago after a few years playing ...
        Someone once told me that they were more likely if your empire consisted of a lot of off-culture provinces but I couldn't really confirm this.
        Mine triggered at stab 1 or 2 and I didn't really have that many off-culture provinces - maybe a third of them at most.

Comment

AFAIK the trigger for civil war is simply a stability lower than +2.
          Just load the last autosave as most players consider civil war without "real" reasons as senseless. Depends on your houserules, though.
          Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
          Let me eat your yummy brain!
          "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
            AFAIK the trigger for civil war is simply a stability lower than +2.
            Just load the last autosave as most players consider civil war without "real" reasons as senseless. Depends on your houserules, though.
            I bet they don't reload when it happens to the AI.

Actually, you could probably mod it out if you feel it's "senseless" Personally, I like it. I wish it happened more often. It's a wild card that spices up the game, and shifts the power around.

Keep playing if you get a civil war - only one civil war can inflict a nation once in the game, so take heart in that you won't get one again, later on.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

In a Byzantium game I had a few months ago, I got a civil war thrice during a time period of some 30-50 years.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                I wish it happened more often. It's a wild card that spices up the game, and shifts the power around.
                Well, I can't say I like it. It is not mainly because of the problems and losses it brings, more the feeling that you are somehow "betrayed" buy the game, and the fact that it is one more element that let's the player only react.

These are the event I don't like much - you get some event, then have to deal with it. It usually seems to happen when you're already strong (I had one civil war with France, one with Spain), so may be the goal is to make life for the big powers a bit harder. I can even understand that, I just think they should use other means to get this result (for example, a better AI that actually presents a real challenge in wars).

For a civil war I think they should have modded it in several interconnected evetns, which drive you into a crisis, but which also open up chances for solving the problems. If you fail then the final result should be civil war.....but enough of the whining, may be it is an idea for EU3....
                Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

For a civil war I think they should have modded it in several interconnected evetns, which drive you into a crisis, but which also open up chances for solving the problems. If you fail then the final result should be civil war.....but enough of the whining, may be it is an idea for EU3....

Yeah, that would definately be better - Crusader Kings has event chains like that, because it was developed with the intention of having non-linear events. Maybe EU3 will take a middle ground between scripted "historical" events and Crusader King style event chains.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Hopefully. Both have its strenghts. BTW, as Johan has said that EU3 will come in 2006/2007 at earliest, we might just get to know more after Diplomacy, if we are very lucky.

Comment

If there's an EUIII, it will come out at that time, at the earliest.

I'm not waiting. I'm gonna figure out a way to convert Vicky to EUIII.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        If there's an EUIII
                        Johan has made it pretty clear that he wants to make a EU3. Provided that Paradox doesn't stop making games all together, there almost certainly will be one.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Johan has a hard on for all things EU though.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                          X