Centers of Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centers of Trade

Ine Independance scenario, it's a normal thing that COTs are changing places. In regular EU2 game, it's often when it comes to COTS in America, Africa (and Oman one too). But I have never seen a new COT formed or old one destroyed in Europe. Until yesterday.
    And it was mine!

I was playing Netherlands, and owned Flanders and Meklemburg. I have 100% Free trade, and higher trade tech than anyone. Still, my Flanders center began to shrink, shrink, untill it was divided between London, Meklemburg and Paris.
    WHY? Perhaps it has something to do with free trade thing? I found it very annoying.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Did you colonize alot? Did the new colonies contribute to the Flandres CoT?

Apart from that, why was the CoT at Flandres? In regular games, it switches to Holland after the Dutch independence.
    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
    Let me eat your yummy brain!
    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

He's probably playing the AGCEEP. It doesn't switch, and your capital doesn't move.
      "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

What can I do to play a game in whitch it switches?

And I do have some colonies in North America. 5 cities and a couple of colonies, that is; but they developed their own center of trade.
        Middle East!

Comment

So are you playing vanilla EU2 or do you use the AGCEEP mod?

If you just simply play EU2, getting Holland will trigger an event switching the CoT to Amsterdam. While this might not solve your problem, it is just strange to not have it there.

Well, if you own the CoT in Mecklemburg plus one for your colonies, then where´s the problem? It just seems as if your Vlissingen CoT was out of markets to supply... Nothing unusual in EU2.
          Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
          Let me eat your yummy brain!
          "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

EU2, no mod.
            Middle East!

Comment

Trade centres with no competition will slowly die off, I believe.

Comment

Hm. So that's it. Indeed there were only my traders inside.
                Middle East!

Comment

That's it, yes. No competition kills trade.

Let's just say, why would the other countries' traders bother going to your CoT if they get kicked out again soon?
                  --
                  Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
                  Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

Woot! Hey Havard! Welcome.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Well, I have been around (although mostly lurking) for the last three years, but thanks
                      --
                      Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...

Comment

So the destruction of my COT was actually result of me having too high trade level and too many successfull merchants? Damn.
                        Middle East!

Comment

In a way, yes. Too few merchants there and it dies.
                          --

Comment

Working...
                          X