No announcement yet.

Knights of Honour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that KoH is available in the U.S. I decided to try out the demo version this last weekend. I had a fun time playing too!

I went through the entire tutorial first, then played a game as Scotland. Not sure what I did but England invaded almost at once and wiped me out. I was not prepared for such an early invasion (rush? ).

Second try. Began building an army with both martails as soon as game started and went for an alliance with Wales, figuring that if I was ever to overpower England I would need an ally on the same land mass. Well, Ireland (allied with England) attacked Wales, Wales invoked its alliance, Ireland invoked its alliance, and befor I knew it, there is a real war going on.

For whatever reason, England never invaded Scotland, even after Wales was gone and England was cut in two by Ireland. But Ireland sent wave after wave of attackers, which I was prepared for. I took 4 of his martials prisoner before Ireland sued for peace. By this time my armies were looking fairly shabby, but at least I survived. I was able to ransom 2 martials back to Ireland for 22,000 gold and suffered from terrible inflation. Next time I will spread out the ransoms a little and spend the gold in between to keep inflation a little better controlled. With the gold from the ransoms I rebuilt my armies from mercenary troops that had sprung up during the war, and made sure the town garrisons were full to capacity, and built a few town improvements.

Later, I answered the Pope's call and went crusading. I didn't check my diplomacy first though and only found that England was allied with the Almohads (sp?) when they declared war on me After a few draining skirmishes I sued for peace and was given the option of being England's vassel. I decided sure, let's see what this part of the game is like, and maybe I can one day claim independance. The peace should be good for building a good economy and military.

Well, long story short, I did something stupid and got my King killed, at which point the demo ended.

All in all, I enjoyed Knights of Honor enough that I am pretty sure this will be my next game purchase.

Comment

Link to the demo??
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Google is your friend con

Comment

Here is the link, http://www.knights-of-honor.net/jump.php?go=en|5|downloads%2Fdemo.php

Have fun!

edit: I see the link does not parse correctly on the forum here, so copy the entire link and paste to your browser to get to the right page.

Comment

Working...
          X