Waiting on the patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on the patch

Another week goes by and Paradox still hasn't released the promised 1.2 patch of HOI2. I can only guess they've diverted all of their talent to developing diplomacy and leave patching their already released products for any spare time left over. I and many other people knew that, like all Paradox games, HOI2 would be delivered as a beta. We bought it any way because Paradox promised to fix it with after sale patches. I'm sure they eventually will get around to it but it's now pushing three months and the've only released the patch which came out a day or two after the game was released.

Paradox just doesn't support their products like they used to.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Its sad, the COOP- Feature which I really like it quite broken in 1.0& 1.1.
    On the Other Hand CORE ain`t out either.

We're still working on it, but prefer to release it when we've adressed every bug/complaint reported. I can't say when it will be ready, but its at least a few weeks more.

Johan
    God of Thunder and Rocknroll..
    Administrator Location: In a warm little office...

1.2 Update Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're still working on it, but prefer to release it when we've adressed every bug/complaint reported.

I can't say when it will be ready, but its at least a few weeks more.

Comment

1.) HoI2 is better than HoI 1.06 in it's current state.
      2.) Paradox has not promised to release the patch before for some weeks yet.
      3.) The reason there has been fewer patches in a comparable time than with f.ex. EU2, is that when they patched that game, they had more or less only that one. Now they have HoI2, CK, Victoria and Diplomacy. It's only natural, although sad.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

are they still patching Vicky and original HOI?

At some point they cant be producing new games and patching 4 or 5 old games at the same time. Time to call a wrap on EU2 maybe?
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

EU2 is not supported anymore, but as it's Johan's baby, it gets a beta patch a couple times every half year or so. But I think that time is nearing an end. Hopefully at least. HoI1 is not going to get any more patches I'm sure.

Vicky is in a beta patch ATM, and Johan generally don't leave a game with beta patches, so if he gets time I guess a final patch will come, but with so many games and so little resources and programmers(Paradox is a small company and Johan patches the old games in his own spare time), I guess it can take some time.

CK will get a 1.05 patch some time, but Johan has little time, and nearly all work is done by MrT and other volunteers, so it might take some time yet. But I guess that'll be the last patch. I love the way Paradox supports their games, but they have to make money and have only so much time and resources, so I think they have to stop the patching of their current games sooner from now if they are to manage this I guess... But the games are fantastic no matter what.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

The solution is simple. Play test the games more thoroughly and have the games spend more time in development because currently they are releasing games which aren't even close to being ready from prime time with a promise to patch them later. They've got for or five patches for different games promised but so far not devilered and it's stacking up. If they can't get one little patch out the door in a quarter of a year then their organization is screwed up. Either that or they just don't care like they used to care.

Comment

Waiting for the HoI2 patch? Try waiting for the next victoria patch.

I think two games have been released since the last full patch for it... and it is still in sore need of one.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Oerdin: I agree, but I've understood that they can only have so and so many beta testers, and besides, the majority of the beta testers don't contribute very much it's said. With a limited number of programmers and resources, it's not that easy IIUC.

Comment

I realize the company is small and it has limited resources but I as a consumer expect to a quality product and timely support when I spend $50 for a game. I'm sorry if Paradox can't live up to this but other game developers with deeper pockets can. If Paradox can't deliver a quality product and it doesn't even have the resources to properly patch their products in a timely manner then I just won't buy their products. As a consumer thaqt is the only way I can show them I'm unhappy because writing them on their message boards doesn't seem to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    I realize the company is small and it has limited resources but I as a consumer expect to a quality product and timely support when I spend $50 for a game. I'm sorry if Paradox can't live up to this but other game developers with deeper pockets can.

But the other develops dont make games Im as interested in as these

I havent had such an experience with a game as I have with EU2 (honey, its past 2AM!!you get off that NOW!!) since Civ2. I admit, i bypassed the frustration, since the edition i bought was 1.08, and i realize Paradox cant survive on purchasers like me ($20 for 5 and a half games wont keep them alive - they need people like you to pay $50 for one game) so i cant fault you for picking other choices.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I love the concept of their games too but I'm tired for paying full price for games which aren't fully developed. I'm tired of waiting and waiting and waiting for a patch they they just won't assign enough programers to write. There is no excuse for us to be still waiting after a quarter of a year for one 10mb patch. In the future I will simply only buy Paradox games i[]after[/i] they've bothered to release the patches and if that takes them a year or two then I guess I'll be paying 1/4 the price from the bargin bin.

It's a shame really since they have some excellent concepts but as a consumer I just can't justify buying this shoddy stuff at full price and then waiting month after month for them to get off their ass and fix it.

Comment

big to paradox for jerking consumers around yet again.

so much potential in these games, only to come up short.

sigh

Comment

7-10 days some guy on a German Forum said.
                          Cant be bithered to look at paradox though.
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Johan has said that it would be released in april. (and that was at the start of the month)
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I really hope so because I'd like to give HoI2 another try but I'll wait for the patch.

Comment

Working...
                              X