Should I get Crusader Kings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get Crusader Kings?

I really liked EU/EU2. Victoria was pretty good. I didn't care much for HOI though.
    :b::b::b::b::b:
    27.27%
    :b::b::b::b:
    9.09%
    :b::b::b:
    9.09%
    :b::b:
    9.09%
    :b:
    0.00%
    Banana
    18.18%
    :q:
    0.00%
    :q::q:
    0.00%
    :q::q::q:
    9.09%
    :q::q::q::q:
    0.00%
    :q::q::q::q::q:
    18.18%
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Absolutely. But, I don't have it yet, as I play on a mac. But, I do have HOI, EU2, and Victoria and my summation is that CK has got to be worth it.
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

You should buy it ASAP if you liked EU2! It's like EU2 but more deep in some areas, and very fun IMHO. It isn't as balanced in every way as EU2 of course, but so was neither EU2 when it was in its 4th patch. As I see it, it's at least as good as EU2, and much better than HoI and the MM-hellish Vic.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

for the poll
        (it even rhymes!)
        but I voted: banana,
        because I do not have the game
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

I have it, it's enjoyable for sure. Obviously, there's still some patch-needs, but it's still very playable. As you play a individual a single death or marriage can sometimes lead to disaster or a golden age for you dynasty. That way there's more twists, turns and unpredictability (in a good way).

Comment

I just can't find the attraction in it, even after applying the latest patch. Building up the dynasty feels more like a chore, diplomacy is a bit lacking and building dozens of small buildings to your provinces to make them profitable... it just makes my carpal tunnel syndrome flare again. I feel like working, not playing. For the record, I'm a sucker for Vicky, HOI and EU2.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

It says on the back of the box that you get to 'combat highway robber bands'. Note that this does not involve any actual combat - all you do is build an unprofitable building in the province and hope the robbers will go away.

Says it all, really.

Comment

You can do more than just hope... It's a great game really.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                X