ITT You give me some tips on playing Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITT You give me some tips on playing Victoria

What's the best way to balance the budget, get machine parts(as a 2nd-rate power, for example) and get a nice economy going?

Well it all depends on what country you're playing but here are some general tips you can try to improve your economy with. Meaning earning more money per day.

1. reduce crime fighting to zero - no need to spend any money here as in the beginning it doesn't really help you much anyway.

2. raise taxes for all your classes to 45 - 49 % but not over 50%.

3. reduce army and navy maintainance a little if you're sure you wont go to war anytime soon. same goes with defence spending.

4. raise tariff income
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

http://victoria.nsen.ch/wiki/index.php/Prussia

A large part of this deals with economy, which should help.

Comment

And to help your chances of buying machine parts from the world market, research culture techs to raise your prestige. (In case you don't know, the nation with the highest culture buys from the market first, then the nation with the 2nd highest culture, and so on...)

Comment

Culture techs are golden, I once got 150 prestige out of Neokantism. I rose up to a Great Power as Sweden thanks to that.

Best way to get Machine parts as a minor power is the various techs that gift them. They should last you until people start building machine parts factories and the market will be flooded with them.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Thanks guys. I also had some questions about the world market. How do I find out which goods I need to keep on auto-trade, and should I start stockpiling stuff I need for buildings, troops in advance or will the WM be able to buy them fast enough when I need them?

Finally if someone could fill me in on RGO's I would appreciate it. Can't seem to find enough info on wikivicki.

Comment

I never use auto trade as per the advice I've received from the Paradox forums. It is usually best to control the buying and selling of goods.

What I usually do is control the absolute necessities such as timber, cement, machine parts. I also, depending on what country I'm playing, look for goods that I produce in quantity at home and sell off the excess.

The rest of the items I leave at their defaults until there is a need to adjust them.

What questions do you have about RGO's?
              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Working...
              X