Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusader Kings 1.03

All I can say is, Holy crap.

Huge improvements. Huge additions. I haven't read it all, but here are some choice bits:

- Implemented a bilateral (*not* multilateral!) alliance system between characters.
    [!!!]

- Fifteen new potential Kingdoms and Duchies have been added to the game.

- If a province is taken by a religious enemy, an active regiment from that province now becomes a mercenary regiment under its former owner’s control instead of disbanding.

- Crusades expectations are now reduced by the number of provinces in your demesne that have non-Christian religion (-0.2 piety for each). Note that if the province subsequently converts to Christianity this reduction is lost (but you get a one-time piety bonus for having done so).

- Papal “bishopric theft” has been eliminated. Upon election, the new Pope’s former demesne provinces are returned to his former liege.
    [yes, yes, yes! Finally!]

- Bad boy now reduced by 33% when a ruler dies.

- The AI is now better at mobilizing its troops, in attacking enemies, selecting its military targets and in defending itself and its vassals. This is a leaner and meaner military AI.

- The AI is now considerably better (and more reasonable) when negotiating a peace.

- The AI may now assassinate anyone assassinating it, or assassinate anyone far above the badboy limit.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Downloading 1.03a is a must, if anyone wants to enjoy a decent measure of stability....1.03 was apparently launched a bit too early, but thankfully they managed to fix it quite speedily.

That aside, the patch's indeed quite impressive.
    DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

A magnificent patch indeed! And it makes the game harder than before, that's good...
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

And if it wasn't enough, Paradox just released a 1.03b, fixing the following problems:

Special 1.03b Update Information
        We've been working on our patch-installer to make sure that all files installs properly now.

The 1.03b fixes is as follows.
        - Fixed a major problem which caused AI to never select option A in an event.
        - Fixed a problem with a broken dynasty in 1066 which caused ctd's at saves and births.
        - Fixed a major problem which caused truces involving anyone not being an independent ruler to poof immediately.
        - Alliances within a realm should no longer poof immediately.
        - Fixed the problem if a vassal to the Pope gets elected.

Great!
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Seems to make playing in spain next to impossible even on weakling AI, which I kinda think is a biiit of an overreaction. Typical Paradox in other words
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Yeah, typical them. But I guess they'll modify it with 1.04.

Comment

Working...
            X