No announcement yet.

How do you use nuclear weapons in HOI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you use nuclear weapons in HOI?

Just curious, I can't seem to get an answer from the manual or browsing the HOI forums. Does anyone know how to use nuclear weapons? I'd like to nuke Japan and America in this game I'm playing right now.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Well you need to reasearch a Bomb Type.
    I think on standard you could load them onto Strategic Bombers but I dont know for sure I preferred to research rocketry which provides better Weapon Platforms.
    Well after you researched a Nuke Type you have to wait till your Scientists actually build a Bomb for you ( the Atomic Symbol in the Resource Counter) then you load it onto a Weapon (Sub, V1,V2, ICBM, certain Bomber Types) by clicking at the Unit an the Atomic symbol in the upper right Corner of the Unit Statistics.
    The Use of the Nuclear equipped Unit itself is quite simple just CRTL+Click on its Target and attack.

Now that I think of it im unsure if i ever dropped one.
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

It just struck me that if the FBI or CIA do use searchbots to detect terrorist chatter on website this one screams out.

Read sava's post but take out the HoI reference and assume he's talking real nukes.

Yes, I'm easily amused.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yes, if someone then were to mention usama bin laden or al-quaida in the same thread we would be in real trouble... ehh.. oops

Comment

How do I use them? Usually I drop them in large industrial centers just for the hell of it. If I have them in abundance, that is. Usually I use them as a defensive weapon on, say, the Soviet-German front. Whenever I see a province with a large concentration of forces, WHOOM.

Of course, you'll probably need to research rocketry in order to do this, since those formations usually include a good helping of fighter planes too, and getting a strategy bomber through a huge screen of aeroplanes is impossible.

One time the Russians had 400 divisions in Hammerfest. A V2 with a nuke strapped on it was the only painless way to get rid of them. The zero infrastructure slows down and weakens units, that amplifies the defensive aspect as well.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Kerry, Osama bin Laden, 9/11, nuke NY, LA, Bush, moron, fundametalists, Allah Akbar, French
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Working...
            X