Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU2 1.08 is out

Get it here:

Paradox Interactive is a world leading PC games publisher known for games such as Cities: Skylines, Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings.

The huge list of changes (since it incorporates the previous betapatches, I believe) is here:

Just thought someone might like to know.
    DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

W00t! Maybe this will solve my crashes.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I wish more developers were as supportive of their products as Paradox is... still making patches for games that were released almost 2 and 1/2 years ago is nearly unheard of elsewhere...

Comment

It looks like a very comprehensive patch, but as someone who just likes a casual game of EU2 once in a while it all seems geared to making things a heck of a lot harder. Tax income down, tech costs up, penalties to diploannex, yadda yadda yadda. I think the fun factor peaked somewhere around v1.05 personally.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

i don't agree as i only play casual games of eu2 now. ever since i've mastered eu2 single player i welcome more difficulty. if you haven't mastered eu2 yet 1.05 is probably the best for fun and no one is stopping you from playing it.
          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

but 1.08 adds so much more to the game than 1.05.

not to mention a lot of bugfixes.

Comment

China's new opening is a pain in the butt.

I don;t know, but I just had my entire imperial army of 60,000 plus beaten repeatedly by Vietnamese forces a third to a fifth as big! That is just wrong.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Is it only me or did the rebels got much stronger? With the exception of the smallest rebellions, it always takes me at least two armies to defeat them. One to cause lots of casualties and lose and the other to kill them off. :\
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Rebels ow begin at your own tech level, as opposed to much lower like before.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It's been like that since a few betapatches ago, I think...still, rebels don't show up as often now, which kind of balances things.
                    DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Working...
                    X