Any problems with speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any problems with speed?

I am trying to get into EU2, but while my computer fits the minimum performance standards, I am finding the speed settings are wrong-I can set it to 1 min=2 years, and even at that seeting we are still getting about 5 days to the second at best, really 3 days to the second, or a minute =6 to 8 months...

anyone else have this problem? anyone have any ideas short of new computer, to fix it?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Well, the minimum system requirements are truly *minimum* in the case of Paradox games, in particular regarding the RAM (the CPU isn't that important, by comparison), that's the only thing they really tend to need...EU2 didn't run too well on my old 128 MB machine even if it was tolerable, but then I upgraded to 384 MB and it worked like a charm.

Other than that, can't really give you much specific advice at the moment, no other issues come to mind.
    DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Are you sure you're running 1 min = 2 years? All the settings I remember were in months per minute.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

1 min =2 years is the max speed.

Comment

your pc probably isn't fast enough. iirc all those superfast modes were added later and need faster pc's. you could try turning off the music, or lowering your graphics resolution(800*600 is lowest iirc) if you really need to go that much quickier. i can't imagine playing much faster than 1 minute to 6/8 months anyways unless you are playing some super boring country.
          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

China on the great campaign..some years can be slow if you are stable.

Comment

Working...
            X