Preorder direct from Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preorder direct from Paradox

After a lot of criticism of how hard it has been to find Victoria and Two Thrones, Paradox have now set up direct marketing for Crusader Kings.

If you're going to buy, I recommend that you use this route. We want Paradox getting the money so that they can produce quality products, not Strategy First for not bothering to advertise.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Good point indeed. If Paradox is to continue producing good games they need the help! I wonder how much of the share they get from Strategy First? Certainly if they can increase their profits by selling direct then they will have more resources to hammer out less bug prone games?
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Thats the hope. Johan quotes 5-10x more profit for Paradox marketing this way. Makes you wonder why they didn't do it before, but I guess SF did an okay job marketing EU 1&2.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Hopefully they'll allow ordering of all future / past games eventually though (even if it's to be expected that the publishers may still retain the distribution rights for those, at least for a while....).
        DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

good idea

the few times i've been in the local stores (eb, gamestop) have looked for and not seen victoria. had same problem with hoi, my wife ended up ordering it for me a year ago instead.

Comment

They will be expanding over time, but for now, just CK can be (pre)ordered. The price is extremely good; 32 euro plus 7 euro for transport IIRC, and it has been talk about a 20 % discount for members of Paradox' forums. Don't know how it will be with the last tihng though.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
            X