Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have Europa Universalis!!!!!

Come congradulate me everyone

Just making some traffic, um is mark still offering if we get enough EU traffic here we'll get a forum??

If he aint well

If he ain't, we'll beat him! YEAH!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Congrats Par4

The word is out that the Tutorial scenario is quite long and may confuse people new to the game. So it has been suggested that new comers play Russia in the Grand Campaign on easy level while you read the manual. And of course visit the forums at Paradox for helpful advice:
      http://www.europa-universalis.com/

------------------
      Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
      That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
      [This message has been edited by Leonidas (edited March 04, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

How the heck do I take over capitals? I can't take over granada or Lisbon. When I was spain

You have to have a large enough force to lay siege (about size 5 or above, and have cavalry and guns). After the siege, you control the province.

quote:

When I invaded the iroqois in north america non of their provinces became mine in that I couldn't build anything upgrade them.

This isn't Civ2. You can take control over a province, but can only own them through peace negotiations. The Iroquis, you need to take their capital and another two or three provinces, as well as destroy their army. You can then annex them. Or, you can demand provinces (not the capital) as tribute in peace negotiations. Also, provinces you take over may just be colonies and not cities, thus you cannot build in them yet.

Another thing to remember, you can't annex great powers (at least without tweaking the game).

quote:

How to I get a cassius belli or whatever so I don't have to have an extra -2 stability?

You can't always. You can try to provoke another nation into declaring war on you. Ruin your relationship by insulting them diplomatically.

quote:

How do I convert the protestants back to catholicism or the heathens to christianity? I can't seem to send colonists there as it says in the manual.

From what I understand, you can only send colonists to provinces with less than 5000 people. But I've seen inconsistancies, so I'm not too sure about this. Never had much problem with this. Just keep a good tolerance for the protestants and build Cheif Judges to keep stability.
        "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Yeah the tutorial is a biatch. I took over all of england and all of france, then pirates started showing up and I couldn't fight them because I only had transports. So I found these guys down by the Spain-France border don't remember their names but I couldn't declare war on them.

I have a few questions if you could help it would be great, oh yeah I have read the manual

How the heck do I take over capitals? I can't take over granada or Lisbon. When I was spain

When I invaded the iroqois in north america non of their provinces became mine in that I couldn't build anything upgrade them.

How to I get a cassius belli or whatever so I don't have to have an extra -2 stability?

How do I convert the protestants back to catholicism or the heathens to christianity? I can't seem to send colonists there as it says in the manual.

Comment

Working...
          X