Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody liked X-COM? P'dox publishes X-COM style game....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody liked X-COM? P'dox publishes X-COM style game....

This is probably not classic Paradox stuff, but I think it's great news:

Blah

OK, so will it be released in the states at all? Anyone know if it's clost to being as good as X-Com? It certainly looks very similar.
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Yes, and it is one of the most promising X-com clones out there.

The only bad thing I've heard about it is the graphics, and they do not look that bad to me.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the Heads-Up =)
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Nothing to do with Grand Strategy

Comment

There will also be an X-com-ish scenario in the next Civ 4 x-pack
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Too bad I don't know how to get it in the US
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Can't you USians download it via gamersgate? Not sure if they (P'dox) offer that, but it may be worth a try....unless you want a hard copy at all costs (and yeah that gamersgate installer is kinda annoying, but better than not getting a game at all IMO)
                Blah

Comment

Just today they announced it will be on GG:

Blah

Comment

I am downloading it now (legally).

Just started and it says it'll be about 5 hours. I am going to take a nap for the next 5 and then probably play it all night. I have work tomorrow morning so I have to get in sleep sometime.
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

After being steady for a while, the download slowed down by almost half. It'll be another 4 or 5 hours probably.

On the Paradox forum, no one has really posted about the game yet. Considering there were a large number of people after this game, I am assuming that is because they are busy playing it. Probably a good sign about the gameplay.

Comment

Installing now...I ended up just sleeping all night.

Comment

It's fun enough..got my ass kicked on the first mission though.

Comment

Any serious bugs? I'm a bit cautious after the HOI2 Armageddon desaster (though this UFO game is from another team)....

But if it's fun to play as you say I'll get it soon as well.
                            Blah

Comment

No bugs yet.

It's fun...just difficult right now. I am about to start a new game. It's just apparently very difficult in the beginning because you can't recruit troops.

Comment

Working...
                              X