back to EU2 - Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back to EU2 - Russia

well, ive fired up EU2 after a break. Again it goes marvelously fast on a computer with adequate resources

Im playing as Muscovy. Annexed Tver and Suzdal. Ive rebooted about three times trying to pull off an attack on Novgorod - keep getting stabbed in the back by Ryazan. I reboot trying to refine my attack so Im done before Ryazan attacks. This time I managed to hold on against both, till Nov offered me 78 ducats for peace. I took it, then crushed and annexed Ryazan. Lots of BB, and Orthos mainly hate me, but I dont care.

I get the Yuri vs Vasilly (or whomever) choice. I went with the ahistorical one, that gets you a bump on innov and Central, at the cost of a -4 stab hit - i can make up stab pretty fast, and did.

But now im wondering if ive cut off a bunch of future events by doing that? Checking wiki, the throne went to Yuri, but then went back to the old dynasty I think, but it was really complicated, and i dont recall it all. And of course whatever the history was, one cant be sure how Paradox played it (this is vanilla)
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Keep annexing all neighbours and history won't matter.

Russia lacks gold and tech throughout the game. Don't spend too many resources on the far east, go for eastern Europe instead.

Comment

Russia is rather weak in EU2. You really need to create a core of strong proviences consisting of all of Lithuania and the Ukraine then move into the Caucusus then into Central Asia. Don't colonize until you've done that; the only exception is the far north of European Russia. You want to get those moved up out of colony status before the Swedes turn those provences into ethnic Scandinavian lands.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think im on my way.

Its 1440s, and Id annexed Suzdal, Tver, and Ryazan. Built back up, and pounced on Novgorod, which was at war with Teutonic Order and Prussia. Managed to take everything but Kola, which I was aiming at for total war score, in order to take all provs but capital and vassalize.

Then Lithuania DOWs me. So rather than keep attacking Novs substantial army in Kola, I settle for 1 province, one colony (Archangel), and a couple of hundred ducats. Now Im in pretty good shape to take on Lithuania.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I took Tula from lithuania (a grueling war since they had several allies), ended up at war again with Novgorod (i forget how, I think they attacked me) Would have reduced them to one province and vassalized, but Golden Horde attacked me, while I had a rebellion as well (war exhaustion becoming a problem) so I settled for three provinces. Id also already picked up a few more Horde provinces, after they rebelled against the Horde. Horde was allied with Sibir, Nagai, and Ak Koyonlu. After see saw war, I made peace with AK, letting them have one province (it should be easy to get back later) This turned the tide in the war with the Horder, Sibir and Nogai.

Comment

What is a see-saw war? Throughout Apolyton you seem to be the only person using that term (search), throughout the web only a hand ful of people use it without ever explaining.

Does it have to do with the zionist world conspiracy?

Great game so far BTW. I always re-load when wars get a bit nasty

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
              What is a see-saw war? Throughout Apolyton you seem to be the only person using that term (search), throughout the web only a hand ful of people use it without ever explaining.

Does it have to do with the zionist world conspiracy?

Great game so far BTW. I always re-load when wars get a bit nasty
              See saw - also called a teeter totter. Its a piece of equipment found on a childrens playground - basically a large wooden plank that acts as a lever, with a central balance, one child sits on each end, both facing each other, and one goes up, the other goes down, etc, etc.

A see saw war is one that goes back and forth - first we're winning, then we're losing, then we're winning again.

This is where I first recall seeing the phrase "seesaw war" - The game box for Avalon Hill's classic "Afrika Korps"

GAME BOX VERBAGE: Early in 1941, a general named Rommel commanding Panzer Regiment 5 and other small units rolled around the British to remote El Agheila, swept the Western Desert under the German Cross and began the Legend of the Afrika Korps. After 2 years of seesaw war against the Eighth Army's new Zealanders and Australians and Indians and Britishers and sough Africans and French and Poles and many others, finally broke his sword.

Comment

Working...
              X