Damn Dirty Apes: game developers have gone bananas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Dirty Apes: game developers have gone bananas

That's right, the tradition of the mighty Banana, apparently originating here at 'Poly has started making it into games...

Darkmonth Studios of the UK have today announced the game they are working on: Damn Dirty Apes.

you are put in control of the Ape Army's elite fighting force, 51st Banana Battalion

(Emphasis Added)

Curious... Read the rest of the short description at the aforementioned site, and post you think.

As for me, I think the concept might turn out well, and it might not. The name of the game doesn't really promise anything good, quite frankly. But I might just be wrong, as the graphics, though quite cartoonish, look nice stylish.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

All hail the Great Banana!
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Looks like funny stuff!
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Re: Damn Dirty Apes: game developers have gone bananas

I wonder what Darkmonth Studios did for Konami, and why they don't describe it. Seems strange.
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

* Features patented Blood-o-rama technology to accurately recreate effects of extreme firepower on simian anatomy
          so how did they test that accuracy i wonder.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Geletin molds of various primates.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

All part of Markos' plan to take over the world.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

All part of Markos' plan to take over the world.
                Shhhhhh.

I knew you couldn't be trusted.

Comment

Well, I am blamed for things for a reason*.

* Unfortunately it has nothing to do with my morals as a person. But thems the breaks.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

This is a game I'd play...
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

It looks pretty cool, like a sort of RTS/Worms game. I'm guessing.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Yeah. It's an RTS game, but involving apes. I kinda like the screenies, as it has been a long time since anybody came up with a game with good cartoonish graphics. I don't particularly like the late 3D games, as models don't look very good. So, it might be interesting, as long as they don't go overboard with the whole lots of blood thing.
                        XBox Live: VovanSim
                        xbox.com (login required)
                        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                        Spore page

Comment

* Full set of animations per character including multiple death sequences
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                          X