xenosaga, .hack, and kingdom hearts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xenosaga, .hack, and kingdom hearts

anybody played those three ps2 rpgs? just curious about thoughts on them.

i've recently beaten kingdom hearts and xenosaga, and found both rather entertaining and fun.

.hack seemed to me to be a bit dastardly, what with the reviews all calling it short and then part of a five-game series... all for 49.99 each, so i didn't want to get it; although, now seeing the anime, i'm wondering if the game might be worth the rental.
    B♭3

my friend bout both .hack and xenosage. He said that .hack is pretty long and hasn't beaten it yet. Xenosaga he said it is not too difficult. Additionally, the battle system is difficult to get down....it took him 60 hours to beat.

(via ICQ)
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I'm interested in all but Kingdom Hearts... sure, it's Square, but I prefer the use of new and original characters... though FFX-2 has some appeal for some reason...
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I have a slight interest in Kingdom Hearts. The idea is 'novel', and sometimes novelty is enough for good entertainment.

But I don't have a PS2.

Comment

kingdom hearts has quite an interesting battle system, which i sorta liked.

it's real-time, and there is no real transfer between world map and battle screen; and it's very movement based. however, i found that the higher up your level is, the easier it is to simply hacknslash to beat all enemies.

as for xenosaga, the battle system was aiight. i didn't need to use the bots much at all, so~

as for the 60hrs figure, i think i could have beaten both in under 25hrs; however, since i tend to spend oodles and oodles of time leveling up, both games ended up taking over 70 hrs to play...
          B♭3

Comment

Xenosaga took me about 30 hours the first time through. I just put all the + to speed things I could find on KOSMOS and upped her big dildo cannon attack thing as much as I could. Then I extracted the + to speed items and set them as skills. She was twice as fast as anything else. Nothing could survive. Pretty easy game, but it was cool. I didn't like the fact that it just ends with nothing resolved though.

BTW, if you get all the robot pieces the attack is totally unfair. Shion gets an attack that does 9999 to all enemies. Kill everything but 2 bosses in 1 hit.
            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
            X