Railroad Pioneer website up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railroad Pioneer website up

A game I haven't heard of until now - Railroad Pioneer - has a website at http://www.railroad-pioneer.com/inde...id=929&lang=en.

Is it a RRT-type clone? It looks like they're intorudcing new conepts like fog-of-war and different roles to play. You have to explore the area before building your transport by the looks of things whereas in RRT you can always see what's happening anywhere on the map.

Due out Q3 2003. So what do people think of this one?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Hm.

You need to research your own locomotives? That's odd.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Sounds interesting... too bad it's 3D
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Sounds far more micromanaging than most if you literally have to explore and prospect the land before building the rails. Most games just accept that all the industries were already set up and working at a low level of output using wagon transport, waiting for the potential to boom when the railroad comes through.

I can see the point in researching engines in the early days of rail. Each locomotive did tend to be developed by a single company and would be tweaked and upgraded as more models were needed. I would expect this to become less relevant as time goes on however.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Well, RRT had your advance in RR techs fixed to precise years. But having to research would make it a bit more like Civ.

Hmmm...there's an idea. A Civ3 mod for RRT fans.
          Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
          Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Make it Civ II, CtP or CtP2. Thanks!
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
              Make it Civ II, CtP or CtP2. Thanks!

Nooooooooooo....
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Hehe lets kick the Civ/CtP war back into the forums it came from
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

The screenshot, where the railway bends around a village, looks oddly familiar. I can't recall where I saw it before, though.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                  X