Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

Ok, Ok, yes the merchandising and TV show and movies are all puke-inducingly awful. However, in case you didn't know the games are actually pretty good ... if you like Japanese RPG's.

No plot at all really, very linear, but ... but ... you just gotta catch 'em all. You've just GOTTA!

Anyway, who here has got the latest incarnation? It's not out in Europe yet (is it out in the US?), but I've acquired a copy through other channels and am liking it so far. Lightning and Fire types still seem over-powered, but you can work around it.

So, am I going to get mocked for starting this thread, or are their others out there who aren't afraid to admit they like Pokemon games?
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Haven't played these, but I happen to like Pokeman games.

This caused a pretty big problem for me a while back when I borrowed my roommate's daughter's Gameboy and unwittingly took up all the high score slots on Pokemon pinball, displacing all of hers.

When I said I was the greatest Pokemon trainer in the house, she broke out in tears.

Nine year olds are so sensitive.
    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Re: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
      Ok, Ok, yes the merchandising and TV show and movies are all puke-inducingly awful. However, in case you didn't know the games are actually pretty good ... if you like Japanese RPG's.

No plot at all really, very linear, but ... but ... you just gotta catch 'em all. You've just GOTTA!

Anyway, who here has got the latest incarnation? It's not out in Europe yet (is it out in the US?), but I've acquired a copy through other channels and am liking it so far. Lightning and Fire types still seem over-powered, but you can work around it.

So, am I going to get mocked for starting this thread, or are their others out there who aren't afraid to admit they like Pokemon games?
      What system are they on?

I need more games for my Game Cube (and time to play!)

(though I am rumored to be getting a PS2 in less than a month from my fiance as a graduation present)

Comment

These are for the GBA. Haven't played them since the original Red/Blue, but they were sort of enjoyable then.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
          These are for the GBA. Haven't played them since the original Red/Blue, but they were sort of enjoyable then.
          Ah, as I expected. Unfortunate, I need something other than Zelda for the GC

Comment

Re: Re: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
            (though I am rumored to be getting a PS2 in less than a month from my fiance as a graduation present)
            Congrats on the graduation and on having a grilfriend who wants to buy you game consoles.

Yeah, they are for the GBA. If you PM me I can tell you how to get a version that runs in Windows - for evaluation purposes only of course (btw, I genuinely DO intend to buy the game when it comes out).

Comment

I've played blue, which was interesting enough for me to take the time to beat it, but not interesting enough for me to try any of the others.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I've played them all.
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                  I've played them all.
                  But have you caught them all?

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

But have you caught them all?
                    No
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I actually thought Gold/Silver were improvements over Red/Blue. You had neat new features like the phone and the improved experience indicators that actually told you how many points you needed to get the next level (very discouraging when you're going for the Elite Four, though). There were also more side quests. Those legendary beasts were damn hard to find, though.

I'd be willing to play Ruby/Sapphire in principle, but I wasn't planning on buying a GBA.
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Well, I hate the fact that Ruby/Sapphire don't allow you to bring your old creatures back from the GBC... that's the thing that really gets me... I know when/if I get Ruby (that's the one I'd probably get... I like red... anyway...) that I'll also get a GBA gameshark and edit in all of my favorite old creatures that I'd captured in Yellow and traded for... I hate the idea of taking all that time to catch those buggers again.
                        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Apparently there are only 200 available for capture out of almost 400 critters in the game. This is crap--what's the point of a Pokemon game if you can't catch 'em all?

Comment

Working...
                          X