No announcement yet.

Does anyone actually beat arcade games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone actually beat arcade games?

I never have enough quarters

Those games are impossible. I can never do it. In fact if there were no such things as save games I would never beat any game . I'm just not good enough.

It's pretty easy with the fighting games like Tekken and Soul Calibur and such. Winning those on only one continue isn't that hard.

I've never go to the Arcades, but theoretically I could do it.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I haven't been in arcade game halls (?) since I was half the age I am now, and back then, most games were impossible to beat...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I used to beat Streetfighter in the arcade as a kid. We competed to see who could do it with the least money. But fighting games are easier once you learn the "special moves" - Oh and I beat Bubble Bobble by simply shoving money in it.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Wow!!

I haven't played at an arcade since Mortal Kombat 3 was all the rage. Can't say that I ever beat any game in the arcade even with a large supply of quarters.
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Haven't played any for a while, but I did beat SF2 (which was *the* game when I was a young teenager) with 1 30p.

Comment

Games I have "beaten": 1943 (2 players only), Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 3, Street Fighter vs X-Men, a wrestling game (2 players only). There are some games without endings, one can play on and on and on. In my younger days I was very good at: Robotron 2084, Missile Command and Gaunlet. I could play Gaunlet for hours on a quarter. Those were the days...
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Anyone played the good old The Lost Vikings game?
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I saw someone complete Operation Wolf once at the fair, only in one player mode aswell, about 30 people crowded round the box as usual pushing, quite impressive to see his reflexes with the light gun though, git.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I only arcade games I was ever really great at were Gorf and Galaga. I don't think either was ever beatable, as they just repeated forever.
                    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Street Fighter? Back then, as I played Arcade games, Street Fighter was not developed yet... The game I played most, was some game, where you played a cave-man (2 player game), where you had to watch out for rival cave-men (who has stolen the girls ) and dino's... Don't remember what it was called though... Only managed to get to level 2-3, before I ran out of money...
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Does anyone remember Ghouls and Ghosts? That was my favourite when I started playing arcade games......it gobbled many a 10p.

Comment

Actually, I like it when the arcades offered a nice mix of video games and pinball machines. Now all they have are these mahjong and fighting games. Dreadful.
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

One of the best arcade games, in terms of design, is Tempest. I sucked at the game, but the design has always intrigued me.

Comment

I beat a Hack&SLash at one once

Jon miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X