Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most graphically demanding game on the market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most graphically demanding game on the market?

I've finally gotten my new computer and want to see what this Radeon 9700 Pro can do.

I'm guessing that it's probably the latest unreal or quake game... pitty, really. But anything will do.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

How about the alpha version of Doom 3? (although it's not really on the market ofcourse)
    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Originally posted by August Borms
      How about the alpha version of Doom 3? (although it's not really on the market ofcourse)
      Thank you, that's perfect. I didn't even know it was leaked.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The alpha DOOM 3 leak is exactly a year old now.

And lucky for you, it was intentionally optimized for the Radeon 9700, because ATI was using it at E3 2002 to show off their chip.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: What's the most graphically demanding game on the market?

Originally posted by Osweld
          I've finally gotten my new computer and want to see what this Radeon 9700 Pro can do.

I'm guessing that it's probably the latest unreal or quake game... pitty, really. But anything will do.
          You can finally turn your Shadowbane graphics above the minimum level then?
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Re: Re: What's the most graphically demanding game on the market?

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

You can finally turn your Shadowbane graphics above the minimum level then?
            heh.. wouldn't you believe it, but Shadowbane is having alot of issues with Radeon cards so I'm not even sure I can play it with this computer. (I hear the problem is partly due to windows 98 aswell... which I havent been able to get rid of yet) It crashes only a few seconds into the game for me, every time. But there are alot of suggested fixes which I haven't tried yet.

But I can see that the character and building details are very good on the highest setting, although the terrain doesn't look that great - but I think that may be because of the problems the game is having with Radeon.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Try UT2003 maxed out. It looks beautiful on a system that can handle it.......which isn't many.

Comment

Doom 3 alpha. It runs terribly slow on the best computers, but on that Radeon it's more-or-less OK. It will clearly be two steps up from any other game graphically when released.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Grand Prix 4. If you manage to make it run with 25 FPS you're a lucky man.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

It's a bit old now, but from what I understand, Dungeon Siege is supposed to have marvellous graphics if you have a system that can take it.
                    All syllogisms have three parts.
                    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Graphically demanding? You already have it, Osweld, SimCity 4. Maybe on your new comp, it will even scroll without lagging!

Seriously, though, I know Splinter Cell has very nice graphics indeed, though I am not sure how much system resources it might need.
                      XBox Live: VovanSim
                      xbox.com (login required)
                      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                      Spore page

Comment

splinter cell is just badly coded, it just lags anyway, just like Unreal 2 lags whenever ya use the flamethrower on 5 enemies.. nothing ya can do bout it
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by vovansim
                          Graphically demanding? You already have it, Osweld, SimCity 4. Maybe on your new comp, it will even scroll without lagging!
                          I forgot all about the multiplayer game. What happened to it?

Originally posted by Osweld
                          heh.. wouldn't you believe it, but Shadowbane is having alot of issues with Radeon cards so I'm not even sure I can play it with this computer. (I hear the problem is partly due to windows 98 aswell... which I havent been able to get rid of yet) It crashes only a few seconds into the game for me, every time. But there are alot of suggested fixes which I haven't tried yet.

But I can see that the character and building details are very good on the highest setting, although the terrain doesn't look that great - but I think that may be because of the problems the game is having with Radeon.
                          It took me all day, but I was finally able to get it working. There are still a few graphical bugs, though... some windows and text like to flash disco colours every now and then.

I'll get you some screen shots once I get paintshop on this computer.
                          Last edited by General Ludd; April 20, 2003, 22:38.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFire
                            It's a bit old now, but from what I understand, Dungeon Siege is supposed to have marvellous graphics if you have a system that can take it.
                            That ran good enough on my old computer....

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                              splinter cell is just badly coded, it just lags anyway, just like Unreal 2 lags whenever ya use the flamethrower on 5 enemies.. nothing ya can do bout it
                              SC looks fantastic and runs very well on the Xbox.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X