Its that time again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its that time again...

Yes the time that everyone loves, helping space pick out a new computer game to buy.

and in case anyone was wondering Medieval: Total War was okay, but it got old fast and has very little replay-ability

Yup, just as I thought.

Alaska must be quite a boring place.

Do you have any preferences in terms of genre?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

nope no preferences. and yes the part of Alaska Im in is quite boring.

Comment

I'm getting Galactic Civilizations. It should be good.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

As UR says, knowing the genre would help alot.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Soldier of Fortune multiplayer rulez!! but of course, Alaska wouldn't ping very good on European servers

I suggest Age of Mythology as it pleased a wide array of gamers, both the diehards as regular gamers...

Although a diehard like me still thinks AoK had more strategy, AoM has nicer graphics, and cool units and god powers! And a good SP story in my opinion!
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I have to say this in every "recomend a game" thread: If you haven't already, play Europa Universalis 2.

1503 is an intersting little sim/strategy game aswell, but hard as hell. (atleast, I find it hard) It's sort of like a mixture between Colonization, Imperialism, and Settlers. It's more building and economy oriented, but there is conquest aswell. (which I have never taken part in)
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I saw 1503, it is any good?

If you have never played XCOM (the original), find it on an abandonware site. It is one of the best games made. Wizardry 8 is also a very good game if you are into the old school RPG's. Of course, there's also Morrowind.

For wargames, you can't go wrong with Panzer General 3. There's also an older thread with wargame recommendations you can dig up.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

FPS: UT2003
                  TBS: Galciv looks interesting
                  RTS: Warcraft3, or AOM at a push.

Comment

Yeah, definately try out Europa Universalis II!

And I think MoH:AA is still the best multiplayer FPS game around
                    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

EU2 is a really good choice if you haven't got it! And if you like it, try Crusader Kings form Paradox and Snow Ball, which will come sometime in this year(beta is "just around the corner").

Also, I've heard from friends that C&C: Generals is good, but I haven't tried that one, so I can't give you my own recommandation there.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

If you're into TBS space 4x games then definately get Galactic Civilizations. I have it and love it.

Whatever you do stay away from Moo3. This game is extremely poor in gameplay and presentation. It has no fun factor at all.
                        signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

okay after much looking around on the internet I decided to buy Postal 2 and the bundle set Fallout 1&2

I'll have to keep Galactic Civilizations in mind for next time.

Comment

Postal 2?
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

edit:Its something different

Comment

Working...
                              X