Final Fantasy VII Materia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy VII Materia

I've played FF7 through twice now, but I still can't figure out what the elemental and Heal materia do.

I also consider the FF7 magic set up the best I've ever come across in role playing games. is anyone going to disagree with me?

Re: Final Fantasy VII Materia

Originally posted by H Tower
    I've played FF7 through twice now, but I still can't figure out what the elemental and Heal materia do.

I also consider the FF7 magic set up the best I've ever come across in role playing games. is anyone going to disagree with me?
    heal cures poison and other ailments

elemental adds whatever magic is connected to your weapon or armor- so if you have a weapon o=o or something like that with fire and elemental, then your sword is doing fire damage each strike.

I think those are correcct answers

as far as comparing magic systems, I thiink it was one of their better ideas. Certainly better than drawing out magic from enemies in 8. how tedious and lame. or buying spells and having limited uses (1) or learning them as time goes by (many of the games)

Comment

Re: Final Fantasy VII Materia

I haven't beat the game in my game yet (I bought the game the day it came out to, could beat it any time, trying to get all stats 255 before I beat it (stopped playing years ago)) and I know what those do

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It's a long time since I played, but I'm pretty sure asleepathewheel is right.

Yes, I think it is the best magic system they've come up with so far. Very customisable.
        (I like the sphere system from #10 too, but it isn't as good as Materia)
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Sort of a Spoiler::
          :
          :
          :
          :
          :
          :
          :
          :
          :
          :
          :
          :
          Did this game's ending piss anyone else off? Worst game ending in history imo.
          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

yes anticlimactic for sure

Comment

Re: Re: Final Fantasy VII Materia

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
              elemental adds whatever magic is connected to your weapon or armor- so if you have a weapon o=o or something like that with fire and elemental, then your sword is doing fire damage each strike.
              and if you equip such a combo in armor, it provides you resistance to fire.

I liked elemental <--> poison combo in weapons
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                yes anticlimactic for sure
                defeating the weapons was so much more of a challenge, sephiroth was a wuss and went down easy against w-summon- knights of the round and mime from my characters

Comment

defeating the weapons was so much more of a challenge, sephiroth was a wuss and went down easy against w-summon- knights of the round and mime from my characters
                  agreed

same for all the recent fantasies

wish the last boss would be the hardest, but that would probably turn off the kidies.

Comment

Loved the FF VII Materia. This was my first exposure to FF and despite the rigid storyline it was a lot of fun. FF8 draw system was a real let down after that and I'll never finish it as a result.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

Espers are better.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Star Ocean 2 solves the boss-made-easy problem by adding an unlockable super-hard final boss as an option. That way, you can see if your hours of sidequests have made you tough enough to handle a boss who moves too fast to keep track of and casts a spell every 5-10 seconds. Fun!!
                        The problem could also be solved by making the final boss's stats depend partially on those of the player's characters.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

while sephiroth wasn't all that tough, what I was mostly talking about was the final cutscenes. Absolutely no closure, and the second cutscene made no sense whatsoever.
                          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                            The problem could also be solved by making the final boss's stats depend partially on those of the player's characters.
                            wasn't FF8 like that? except they did it with all the bad guys, their level increased at the same time yours did

Comment

wasn't FF8 like that? except they did it with all the bad guys, their level increased at the same time yours did
                              yes, but it didn't really increase the difficulty, IMHO

Comment

Working...
                              X