X-com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-com

Is there anywhere that I can get this game. I've searched bargain bin and the internet and am unable to find it.

I wish I had bought it years ago when I had the chance, everybody says that it is awesome.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Underdogs has the second one. They're practically the same game.

I had the first but accidently threw the disks away last year. I have not seen the first on the net recently.
    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

The link they have for it is dead.

ACK!

Comment

O.K., I'm stupid. I meant abandonkeep.com.
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Thank you. Now I just need the first one.

Oh, and I can't use this because we don't do abandonware or warez here.

ACK!

Comment

I thought the Underdogs would have it. Ah well.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

http://xcomufo.com - I've downloaded XCOM-1, XCOM-2 and XCOM-3 from the site.
              money sqrt evil;
              My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Does XCom 1 work though. For my (bought years ago) version, it has copy protection.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The site that muxec mentions has all the copy protection codes.

ACK!

Comment

You'll love the game. One of the all time best.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I have the first and second one but my comp. is too fast. I used to try and mess with mo-slo but I gave that up.

Now, I'm hoping I can get my parents' old comp. I'm pretty sure it's slow enough that it'll run fine.
                      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                      New faces...Strange places,
                      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

There are several versions of X-COM. The one that came on floppy disks has copy protection, but the version that came out on CD-ROM does not. I got the CD version in a bargain bin. I had no clue what it was but it looked cool. It turned out to be the best $3 I ever spent.

Both these versions run too fast on modern computers, and both are a bit buggy. However, there was a bonus CD that came out with some computer game magazine that included a version designed to run on modern computers. It also seems less buggy; this is the version you want to get.

Comment

Cool And i was downloading 56Mbs of X-COM3 on 56Kbit modem ....
                          money sqrt evil;
                          My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

ok i must be a real div but i can't find the link to actually d/l x-com 2 on that site :/
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Me either.

ACK!

Comment

Working...
                              X