The Settlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Settlers

I have for a long time wanted to make this poll... I simply just want to see, if I'm the only one who feels this way...

I always felt that S3 + S4 lost most of the fun, it had in S1 + S2...
    What's your favorite Settlers game? Mine is The Settlers II - Veni Vidi Vici, I'd prefer to see a sequel to S2 instead of a sequel to S4...

What do you think?
    The Settlers/Serf City
    13.33%
    The Settlers II - Veni Vidi Vici
    46.67%
    The Settlers III
    6.67%
    The Settlers 4th edition
    0.00%
    The Settlers? What is The Settlers?
    13.33%
    I never liked any of those games
    13.33%
    If they included a Banana people, I might buy it
    6.67%
    This space is empty... or is it?

I got bored waiting for my buildings to be built, and by the fact you always had to play each game the same way. But you're right about 2 being better than 4. Just still not really any good. Shame really, these games were always a nice idea.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Heh, didn't notice this and ranted to that another, ancient thread. Anyway, I have probably spent much more time with Settlers series than with any other games, and most of it was Settlers I, so have to choose that. Currently I'm not playing these anymore, if started again that would be either S3 or S4, even though they don't quite have that "only one more hour" feeling. Oh, and have to give S2 a try someday soon, and then when they start making the newest sequel, I'll be waiting for that.

Comment

I have only played Settlers 2, 3, and the demo of 4.
        While I enjoyed 3, Settlers 2 had so much over its sequal. 2 actually had strategy, it mattered what you did and in what order. In some missions the difference between a loss and a win could be where your first general was sent.

In 3, all you needed to do to win was amass an army of archers around your one tower and ensure that it didn't fall. The archers could then slowly drain the enemy of its reserves until their entire empire lay open and undefended. Still, non-buggy ships have their advantage.

All in all though, Settlers 2 was my favourite.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I've only ever played Settlers III. It was a good game, but after the missions it was very dry.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Skanky >> Exactly how I feel about it...

Comment

The reason why I posted this thread now, is because they're close on releasing the first screenshots to the next Settlers game: The Settlers 3D (Or so I've heard)

Comment

Settlers 3 was rubbish. The earlier games had far better gameplay..........though I would have to give Settlers 2 the edge over Settlers 1.

Comment

I've played 2 and 3. They're fun for a while, but not really my cup of tea. I vote banana, since I don't really dislike them, but have no favorite, either.
                  "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Settlers 2.

I have never played the original, and 3 and 4 are crap. Especially 4.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I played the demo of 4, and was glad I did. It saved me from buying the game.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

After 3 I didn't waste bandwidth on the demo for 4.

Comment

The poll shows exactly what I expected...

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                            I have never played the original, and 3 and 4 are crap. Especially 4.
                            Actually I'd say S4 is better than S3 in most ways... one of the reasons I never bought it is: In DK it was only released in Danish

Comment

Working...
                            X