Age of Wonders 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

that idiot Marius or however you spell his name.
    Hey, watch out!

MariOne
    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      I still don't like it when I lose everything every two scenarios. I don't mind losing some spells, but not the common ones. But losing skills?
      Hey, I'm not the one defending the game.
      /Strategy
      Designer/Developer
      Imperium - Rise of Rome

Comment

I share some of your feelings about AoW2. The lack of continuity is jarring, but I suppose it makes you learn the tactics of each element instead of just relying on 'old faithful' once you've learned a few key spells.

I hated that water scenario. If you want to go 100% defensive the enemy is practically incapable of attacking across water. Build up your home island and squeeze more and more towns in happy valley. I loved tearing up his rose garden for more breeding space! Eventually you can cast the flood spell and send your waterwalking hero stacks round to clean up.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

That would take a very long time

Btw that's the whole thing with these campaigns, they want to initiate you in every sphere, if you were able to transfer all spells to the next campaign you would easily win, as you just have to cast a few high level spells such as a few monster summongings and boom the AI is out...

BTW2: I didn't have any problems with the AI in AoW1, i got attacked by multiple stacks there as well... weird that it didn't do that with you guys, perhaps I had the latest patch or something
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

It does take a long time, but then the second scenario is over as soon as you march your heroes to the enemy capital

AoW1 was good in the early stages but later on in the game if you optimised your leader he could storm through everything. The patches did make it progressively harder for him to do this, but the tactic remained.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by MariOne
              Hey, watch out!

MariOne
              You related?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                Btw that's the whole thing with these campaigns, they want to initiate you in every sphere, if you were able to transfer all spells to the next campaign you would easily win, as you just have to cast a few high level spells such as a few monster summongings and boom the AI is out...
                I don't mind losing most of my spells, but there are a bunch of common ones, such as Magic Servant and Alter Node, that I should be able to retain.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X