Postal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal

Whip Tail Interactive is where you will get the best of your poker memories. We also got you covered when it comes to business, travel, technology, and news.

Ive never seen a game made by these people, by the looks of the screenshots at the bottom of the screen it looks like its geared towards hard-core FPS players. Just thought Id share what I stumbled upon.

A psychological thriller with a punch line ending
    • Epic’s Unreal ® Warfare Engine
    • Gary Coleman: Special Guest Star
    • Liquid Dynamics: Pours, drips, runs and puddles
    • AI: Sophisticated AI supports people and animal interactions
    • POSTAL 2 is about humor with absurd, over-the-top, violent content
    Sounds horrible.
    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

humor with absurd, over-the-top, violent content

That sounds like fun.

The stuff about Gary Coleman is a bit lame, though.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

WTF is Gary Coleman?
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Exactly.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Oh, holy ****. Google search it.....

"Whatch talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

He must've turned out as messed up as McColey Culkin, and Michael Jackson, just a tad less rich.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: Postal

Originally posted by Space05us
              Ive never seen a game made by these people, by the looks of the screenshots at the bottom of the screen it looks like its geared towards hard-core FPS players. Just thought Id share what I stumbled upon.
              That's because Postal 2 is the first game they will publish. I think that the quote on their main page pretty much sums it all up nicely:
              'whiptail.........a publisher with balls!'

Postal 1 and 2 was / is being developed by a company called "Running with Scissors" (sp? never knew how to spell scissors ). Also their only creations.

It's basically characterised by the overabundance of blood. But as a matter of fact, unless you like just killing people, I don't think this game is fun, because it's not like any other shooter - that is, in Postal, IIRC, nobody attacks you. It's just the people kinda walking around, and you go in, and they don't suspect anything, and then you whip out the gun / axe / whatever, and start killing 'em. Boring, if you ask me.
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

Oh, and BTW, have you never heard of the controversy around Postal 1? Heh, some gay association or society or whatever, started suing the developers because you could kill gay people in the game. Not that anything prevented you from killing normal people, or say, singling out the women, or whatever. That was actually the first time I heard of the game.
                Spore page

Comment

how lame.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

In case any of you are actually interested... The game has gone gold, and will hit the shelves next Monday...

Originally posted at Gamespot
                    Whiptail Interactive has announced that Postal 2 has gone gold and will ship to retail on April 14. Developed by Running With Scissors, Postal 2 is the sequel to the controversial action game Postal. In the game, players take the role of the Postal Dude, an ordinary man going about his daily life, living in a trailer park in Paradise, Arizona. More than 100 unique nonplayer characters populate the town, including Gary Coleman, of Diff'rent Strokes fame. Though it is actually possible to play the game without killing anyone, Postal 2 allows players to complete their daily, mundane tasks using violent, sociopathic means as well.

"Thanks to Whiptail, Postal fans worldwide will get their hands on Postal 2," said Vince Desi, CEO of Running With Scissors. "I'm ecstatic that the greatest fans in the world will be playing Postal 2 for a long time to come."
                    Spore page

Comment

Well, I was waiting for proof that the world has gone mad. If I see my neighbour is playing this, then I'm moving house.

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Comment

And rightfully so, might I add. Just after looking at a couple screenshots, I have a feeling I will be a little... careful, seeing a USPS truck approaching.
                          Spore page

Comment

Just leave the parcel on the step please... Now step back from the door... OK, I'm opening the door now, keep your hands where I can see them... You want me to sign here?... No way - I'm not falling for that.
                            I can just imagine the paranoia in suburbs everywhere.

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

What I percieve is a game trying to make sales solely by controversy. It may work...
                              Talent Optional

Comment

Working...
                              X