I'm looking for a soccer management game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a soccer management game

You might say "football", I say "soccer". Whatever. Just so long as we're talking about kicking spherical balls, it's fine.

It was a few years ago that I first played a demo of Ultimate Soccer Manager 98 from a complementary CD that came with a Champions League magazine. Now my interest in the genre has peaked again, and I was wondering what my options are. (Keep in mind that I live in Australia, where the edge is not always cutting in terms of game availability.) What are the good ones out there?
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Champ Manager 4. Nuff said.

If you cant find CM4 (released last friday in UK havent got it yet ) you can probably find cm01/02, bit out of date now still a good 'un. Id wait till cm4 comes there tho.

Check http://www.sigames.com/ for release date there.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Re: I'm looking for a soccer management game

Originally posted by Mr. President
        (Keep in mind that I live in Australia, where the edge is not always cutting in terms of game availability.)
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I only say it 'cause it took such a long time for us to get Nintendo 64 games.

Comment

Definitely get the most recent Championship Manager game that's on sale in Australia (or wait for CM4 to be released there if it won't be too long).

They are absolutely the best in the genre - it can seem very daunting at first, and a bit like an intereactive spreadsheet (there are LOTS of stats), but it is certainly worth the effort.

I haven't bought CM4 yet, but I've been playing the demo for a while now. You can download the demo from the SIGames site that Maq linked to above.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Yea, I played the CM4 demo a bit. It looks really good, but it was quite a world of difference for someone whose last CM experience was with CM2 or so (from the '94/'95 season )

Just don't get Total Club Manager.

Comment

Champy is the daddy (though I used to like Premier Manager on my Amiga as well), and one of the more recent versions must be available in Australia.

Comment

Working...
                X