Half-Life Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life Mods

There are dozens of Half-Life modifications. I'm sure everyone knows Counter-Strike.
    Lately, I've been playing Natural Selection which is very good marines vs. aliens mod with structures, resources and other RTS-elements.

What mods have you played and are they any good?
    "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

I didnt play that many but i do remember playing "They Hunger" SP mod a couple of years back, basically just a load of zombies mincing around a graveyard and abandoned town, fun, theres TH2 and 3 now. Havent tried TH DM though.

Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I'm still waiting for the release of Half-Life Rally.

It's been "nearly completed" for almost three years now

Comment

Bah. I was hoping someone could tell me if mods like Day of Defeat and Firearms were worth downloading. Anyone?
        "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

day of defeat is supposed to be a classic, but i havent played it myself.

Comment

I still like TFC mayhem now and than
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

It's been "nearly completed" for almost three years now
              A bit like Duke Nukem forever, eh?

Comment

The Duke Nukem 3D source code was released on Tuesday, and its not even an April fool, or maybe the April fool was actually announcing it then to make people think that. eh.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Team Fortress Classic -- easily the best mod ever. Period.

Counterstrike -- enjoy the cheaters.

Natural Selection -- very thoughtfully done. I recommend it.

Firearms -- I really like it, but some don't.

Day of Defeat -- Yawn. World War 2. I really don't see the appeal. Third most popular mod after CS and TFC.

Science and Industry -- MY SECOND FAVORITE MOD! Scientists! Research! Cool weapons! Fun!

M
                  "You are, what you do, when it counts."

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.

Comment

Nobody mentioned my favorite half-life mod: Front Line Force

The game is pretty simple. You can either be:

light soldier- Moves fast, has weak weapons and can capture areas in 5 seconds.

Medium Soldier- Moves medium, has medium weapons and can capture areas in 10 seconds.

Heavy Soldier: Moves slowly, has powerful weapons. Can capture areas in 15 seconds.

One team plays offense, the other plays defense. There are set points in the game that the offensive team has to capture while the defensive team must defend it. Unlike CS, this game doesn't even attempt to be realistic and there IS respawning. However, there is a 15 second wait after you die till you can respawn (to make capturing a point possible).

Comment

Working...
                    X