Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Port Royale - a "real" sequel to Pirates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Royale - a "real" sequel to Pirates?

Go to http://www.ascaron.com/englisch/index.html then click on the Port Royale link. Don't know when it's coming out, there's supposed to be a patch for the US version so maybe it already IS out. No demo at this stage but looks good eh?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

German site and developers.
    Looks and sounds pretty good

Comment

I haven't heard anything about it being released, but I have seen dutch, german, and french versions of it on file sharing programs.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Pirates ruled.........I will check this out.

Comment

it on file sharing programs.
          ?
          Last edited by RGBVideo; March 23, 2003, 10:35.

Comment

Pirates Deluxe...

...I have wasted my youth...

Comment

There is a demo out, in the UK at least: on the latest issue of PC Gamer magazine.
              I installed the demo today, but haven't played it yet.

This demo must be on the P2P network by now.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Any knowledge of demo outside Kazaa and other P2P's?
                I don't want to install spyware into my PC.

Comment

use google and you'll find it

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu
                    Any knowledge of demo outside Kazaa and other P2P's?
                    I don't want to install spyware into my PC.
                    Try Kazaa Lite.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Try Kazaa Lite.
                      Thanks for the tip! I didn't find an English version of Port Royale but I did find find something called Proxomitron which stops the popups and more - and it's free! - and it's rather clever in the way it does it too, using your machine as a proxy server! I don't see ANY ads anymore!
                      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Latest news from Avault...

"Tri Synergy will publish the online empire building sim Port Royale in the U.S. in Quarter 2 2003. The company line: Port Royale "thrusts players into a world of high seas adventure in an era of exploration and discovery." Players take the role of either a pirate or a trader - and then fight for the interests of their nation in order to gain riches and support from governors. Fully three-dimensional sea battles and 60 towns included."

Comment

I've just seen a gamesite that says it's due in New Zealand on the 2nd April. I've never even seen it listed before.

Comment

Working...
                          X