Good FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good FPS

I'm getting bored of playing Perfect Dark all the time.

I need some other good FPS. They need to be:

Fun. Many options.
    Many players.
    Not over 2 GB
    Edit: Nice graphical quality, but fast at the same time.
    And hopefully, cheap.

So.....suggest me some good first persion shooters!

Edit: Wrong forum.....Could a mod move it?
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

BattleField 1942 looks pretty ok, if you're into shooters. Have played it, best one for PC from the new ones.

Comment

Soldier of Fortune goddamnit
      (that what i've been playing for over 3 years now!)

UT2003 I like too at the moment, it's actually an upgraded UT, but the graphics are just so unbelievable, the best I've ever seen in a FPS imo, also the new additions such as the adrenaline that unlock combos, the double jump, wall dodge etc add to the fun, also the sniper is not that powerful anymore which is a good thing, and there are more things that improved the game, however It doesn't differ that much from UT, and it is quite expensive at the moment (I got a cracked version now)

And you need a good computer for it, but you can set the graphical effects to a minimum of course

But just stick to SoF even a copy will work as you don't even need to give in a key anymore!
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Soldier of Fortune goddamnit

Comment

UT2003
          Erm, is it a MP-game? UT was.

If you want to stick with good FPS-classic, then OFP

Comment

There are bags and bags of games; UT2003 is the current daddy, though Counterstrike has more players. I still think Quake3 has the best playability of them all.

You need to consider whether you want a cooperative game, or a deathmatch style game.

Comment

Half-Life, and it's mods. It's the only FPS I've ever liked aside from duke nukem.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu

Erm, is it a MP-game? UT was.

If you want to stick with good FPS-classic, then OFP
                LOL of course UT2003 is an MP game!

And not a word about SoF cos I'll kick your ass, the game rulzorz every other game with its almighty shotgun

Q3 I have played a bit but it was a bit of a disappointment, ****ty weapons and annoying movement, for sci-fi game like that dodging like UT2003 makes the game much cooler, I thought movement in Q3 was a bit slow (I used standard fov, because i didn't know anything about editing the configs )
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie

Comment

Serious.... Sam... II!!!

and my xenomorphs will ownz joo in AVP II. (but I dont have a comp that can run it. )
                  :-p

Comment

Serious.... Sam... II!!!

Serious Sam's are mindless FPS'... then again, at least they're honestly mindless.

Comment

Sam II wasn't more than an expansion pack when compared to Sam I, eh?

Comment

UT2003 is NOT cheap, and is NOT under 2 GB, and is NOT fast

Originally posted by Osweld
                        Half-Life, and it's mods. It's the only FPS I've ever liked aside from duke nukem.
                        Hmm......Doesn't half life have the main game, and then nearly 5 other XPs? Sounds like theyre trying to milk the series.......

Comment

I repeat: Operation Flashpoint.
                          That would be the best one for you (and for everybody, actually )

Comment

ya but u need a good graphics card for that.. a tnt2 ultra won't do at all!!

I can assure you tass that UT2003 is fast, perhaps the movement speed is slower than in Q3 but in DM kill are accumulated much faster, and in other teammodes you can use the translocator so you're in the enemy base in no time

I don't think UT is more than 2 gig as my games folder may be twice that amount (new computer at my university place so not too much games on it now )

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                              ya but u need a good graphics card for that.. a tnt2 ultra won't do at all!!
                              Geforce 2?

Comment

Working...
                              X