Problems with MOHAA patch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with MOHAA patch...

Last night I downloaded the US/UK patch for Medal of Honour Allied Assault. When I tried to install it, there was a pop-up telling me that my version is not the US/UK one.

I think it is the US/UK version. I bought it in Sweden, but all documentation (in the paper manual as well as in the game) is in English.

Where can I check the version of the game? The other patches are for completely different European languages, which I have no reason to believe that my version supports. What to do?

BTW, I have not run into any (serious) crashes or bugs, but it's always nice to have the latest (and most corrected) version of a game.

Carolus

The patch you downloaded should be correct. However I recommend that you uninstall the game and remove manually any files that were left. Then install the 1.0 version of MoHAA and straight after the installation install the 1.11 patch. The UK/US version does work with the Nordic distribution as it's not localised.

ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/moha...v9safedisk.exe

If you want to play MP, just holler on me and I'll get on too.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Thanks!

The file you linked to is exactly the one I downloaded yesterday. The following question is probably answered in the Read me.txt, but are saved games still playable after I've patched? Or do I have to restart and do all the missions again (I'm near the end and if this is the case, I'll wait to patch the game)?

MP sounds like great fun! I'm on a 56K modem at home, though... Or does it still run decently? Do people have to log in at servers provided by EA or does it work like Civ 2 MP?

Carolus

Comment

Yes, saved game files of the older version don't work in 1.11.

You will need broadband for MP over the Internet. There's no need to login on to some specific servers in order to play, hence there's several official servers. Actually there's currently hundreds of servers online right now. And yes, you can connect using the IP address.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Civ2 MP = no specifik servers needed (except the ones you need to connect to the Internet), that is, no common platforms. One player hosts the game.

But is the following right?

MOHAA MP = you have to pay a fee and log on to specific servers to be able to play. None of the players hosts.

Carolus

Comment

MOHAA = no server asks you to pay for a fee in order to play and neither do you have to login. You only have to provide a password if you want to play on a password protected server (all clan servers are password protected during ladder matches) or if you want to use a private player slot, in the case ones are available. As for the hosting, there's a MOHAA server executable like in Quake III which you can launch for running a server, but you can also run a server on the same PC as you play with. So yes, one player can host a game or the server can be run on a dedicated server. E.g. I run the second public server of the KATO clan, which runs on a server in Missouri, USA.

Comment

Thanks for your extensive answer!

I'll holler on ya' when I have broadband.

Carolus

Comment

Ok, I've finished the game now and I tried your proposal. It didn't work...

The documents CD contains the manuals in the Nordic languages (except Icelandic), but the rest of the game is in English. Maybe I have to register the game first?

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                X