Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c&c generals resolutions

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why I would want to play on 1600x1200 as opposed to 800x600.

On Age of empires, changing the resolution meant that you get to see more of the map on screen at once, (things get smaller but you have a higher bird's eye view of things and can see more) which is what I thought it meant for all games.

I would really love to go to a higher res and see more of the map at once for generals.

I have tried both resolutions in generals and the only difference I can see is that the pointer and targeting reticle gets smaller.

The screen view doesn't change.

by the way, I got my hands on a new vid card. It's amazing how much better the game runs...night and day.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

I thought there was an option to zoom in and zoom out?
    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

you can zoom in and out.

however, in some other games, the resolution changes how far you can zoom out. or how far out the default view is (if it is a game that doesn't allow you to zoom, like AOE)

I was hoping that the higher resolutions allowed you to zoom out farther.
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Working...
      X