No announcement yet.

Outpost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how bout the force commander debacle? every website gave it raving previews. . . and then it comes out and its worthless trash. of course, them telling everyone in their review didn't help the poor saps who'd preordered it because of all their damn previews.

i'm just glad to say i didn't. . . .

and don't even talk about B/W. gawd what a waste of money. . . I'm still pissed off about that game.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Ok, the general consensus id that it really sucked. It really says something that I can't even find a demo available anywhere on the net.

A friend got me a copy of outpost2, but I haven't gotten into it yet. looks like a standard RTS to me, at first glance. and the tutorial system sucks....

If someone knows where I can get a demo, even, let me know.

On a related topic (not worthy of its own thread) I've been playing a lot of Millenium: return to earth lately.
      You know, the one where you have to colonize the entire solar system from the moon in order to terraform the Earth again.

I had a notably difficult game where the entire inner system is useless (except for the asteroids, of course), and only two mildly useful planets in the Jovian system. the resource which only occurs on one world was on a moon of Neptune!! of all things. I guess I could be glad it wasn't on Charon....
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

I have Outpost 1.5 and Outpost 2. Not exactly great games- very dated graphics, and not very fun. I'd rather play M.A.X. anyday!

But I'd be willing to sell 'em if your curiosity gets the better of ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
          What's is about?
          You're in charge of a small group of colonists who go to a distant solar system and colonize one of the planets there. The environment is hostile, so your colony is build underground.

I was one of the few who enjoyed the game...actually, it was more like a toy than a game because it had no real point. Like the Sim games, there's no objective. Lots of people hate that.

Comment

I was one of the few who enjoyed the game...actually, it was more like a toy than a game because it had no real point. Like the Sim games, there's no objective. Lots of people hate that.
            actually, lots of people hate broken game play and a manual that flat out lies about what features are actually in the game.
            By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

There was also a card game published by TimJim games by that name, which is now sadly out of print.

Comment

I also seem to remember having no idea why I couldn't build certain structures - I also couldn't figure out what most of the stuff was. I'm not completely sure but this may be because I think I bought the game when it was just on CD (manual in a pdf).

Anyways, when it sits on most "Worst Game Ever" lists, you really have to think something was wrong.
                I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                New faces...Strange places,
                Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by HolyWarrior
                  There was also a card game published by TimJim games by that name, which is now sadly out of print.
                  That looks sort of cool. Anybody played it?
                  "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Outpost was one of the first computer games I ever played. My parents got it for me as a Christmas present back in 1995, shortly after we bought our first computer. I actually had quite a bit of fun with it, and was able to build up nice thriving colonies and eventually win the game by launching off another colony ship.

I never had any problems with anything not working. As long as you quickly build up every structure you need, you´ll do fine. The manual has a pretty clear list of what you need to do. There was one game where everyone started dying, but I realized that it was because I had forgotten to build storage tanks, which meant that the atmosphere generators had no supplies.

I only found out later that it was supposed to be a bad game. Maybe my parents somehow got some kind of patched version that fixed the bugs.

Comment

Working...
                    X