What do we think of Splinter Cell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we think of Splinter Cell?

I just downloaded the demo, and played it a little bit. And I am not quite sure what to think of it. The graphics and the actions you can take are absolutely great, but I couldn't really tell about gameplay. What do you think?

EDIT: Oh, and I am talking about Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell for PC, if it makes any difference.

EDIT #2: Thread name, and poll options © Tass.
    :mad: It's horrible!
    0.00%
    :angry: It's rather bad.
    0.00%
    :) It's OK.
    9.09%
    :D It's rather good.
    9.09%
    :love: It's awesome!
    45.45%
    It would have been better if the main character was wielding a banana instead of his silenced gun.
    36.36%
    Last edited by vovan; February 23, 2003, 17:11.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

I've got no idea what it is about, and I'm not interested in doing a search for it... unless of course, the main character is a Banana
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It's a third-person shooter type of game, only the idea behind is stealth, rather than shooting everything that moves. Lots of (p)reviews compare it to the Thief series...
      Spore page

Comment

I once played a game called thief, but I don't think that's the game you're refering to, since it had nothing to do with stealth... don't rememer what it was about though...

But I like the stealth idea, I might even end up downloading the demo...

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
          I once played a game called thief, but I don't think that's the game you're refering to, since it had nothing to do with stealth...
          The Thief I am talking about is this one:

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

We are the developers of Deus Ex, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and more. Whether you are looking for our latest creations or a job in the games industry, you've come to the right place.
          Spore page

Comment

Ok, that's defently not the Thief I played, since it was 2D... done with graphics I could do myself (and I can't make good graphics)

Comment

Re: What do we think of Splinter Cell?

THIS IS A BLATANT COPYCAT THREAD AND MUST BE CLOSED!!!

I've never played it.
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Re: Re: What do we think of Splinter Cell?

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                THIS IS A BLATANT COPYCAT THREAD AND MUST BE CLOSED!!!

I've never played it.
                Okay, okay, I gve you credit in the first post in this thread.

Seriously though, is there anyone out there, who actually has played it and has some thoughts on it?

I need something to occupy myself with till the Rise of Nations comes out.
                Spore page

Comment

I played it and beat it a while ago on the Xbox. It's a fantastic game.

March 14th they're posting 3 additional levels on Xbox Live for free download, I'm not sure if those are going to be available in the PC or not...
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I played it on the Xbox. Great game! However, I never managed to finish it, since someone stole my Xbox and my copy of Splinter Cell.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Re: What do we think of Splinter Cell?

Originally posted by vovansim
                      EDIT #2: Thread name, and poll options © Tass.
                      BIGGER!
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Well don't get picky now, or I'll have to edit what's already in there out.
                        Spore page

Comment

Extra levels sounds awesome. God bless X-box.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I've been playing splinter cell when I have the time, (its competing with homework and moo3) and I love it. I played both demos to death, and the full game is even better. I like the idea of sneaking out of the dark to grab an enemy from behind, then dragging him back into the night, never to be seen again. . . .

Though I wish it was a bit more difficult. I've been playing the whole game on hard, and its going a bit fast for my taste. And I am SO glad they put quicksave/quickload in the PC version. Though thats probably whats taking some of the difficulty away.

But its such a blast to try different ways of taking out the enemies in each situation.
                            By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Its excellent. Although the stealth element can become infuriating at times and the main character is lousy in hand to hand combat. Could do with some decent rolls, punches... kicks n stuff. Still completed it and it was worth the cash, although there's only so much you can do with a linear single player game after you finish it. Not a single level I replay regularly...

Comment

Working...
                              X