Recommend me an RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me an RPG

I've had a new computer for over a month now yet no new games to play it on. That needs to change.

I'm thinking RPG like Divine Divinity, Morrowind, or Arx Fatalis at the moment. Not sure which. I'm open to other suggestions. I just want something that isn't more than a year old.

This is what I view in order of importance for RPGs:
    1. Story
    2. Atmosphere
    3. Combat
    4. Graphics
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Neverwinter Nights doesn't have a very good storyline, but since you can download new modules, the potential exists to find some excellent stories out there.

Bioware is developing a free series of modules that have a fantastic plot so far. Still it might not be what you're looking for.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I was thinking about NWN, but I have a 56k so the amount I'd be able to download is limited.
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Modules aren't really terribly large. Anywhere from about 800k to about 4.2M is what I have seen.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Does NWN fit in with what I view as important though?

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
            Does NWN fit in with what I view as important though?
            I wouldn't say so.

It's more of a multiplayer game.

Have you tried Arcanum - Of Steamworks And Magick Obscura? I haven't played all the way through it, but it's got one of the best atmospheres I've ever seen in a computer game.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It's a bit old. He wanted games a year old. But yeah, I think it's by the Fallout crew, and they made fantastic games.

Fallout I&II are available for ten bucks together. Good deal if you don't mind the dated engine.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I have Arcanum, Fallout, and Fallout 2.

You aren't being helpful.

Not to mention that would totally defeat the purpose of this thread, getting a game for the computer.

Comment

How about, hmm, zelda?
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Not for my PC...

Comment

morrowind for SP

Jon miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

there really aren't that many rpgs which are less than a yr old. you've probabably played the majority of them.
                        Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

I haven't played it, but morrowind seems like a good single player game. From what I gather it doesn't really have much of a story, but it's completely open and non-linear.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I thought that Morrowind was very engaging because it was open ended and it had an engaging story!?

Anyway, I am still looking to finsh BGII which is an excellent game IMHO.

So long...
                            Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                            Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                            Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I'd rate Morrowind over Divine Divinity on the criteria you give.
                              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                              H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                              X