No announcement yet.

New Game Smell- Icewind Dale II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mob through there with a pretty fun party.
    Fighter
    Cleric
    Paladin
    Fighter/Cleric
    Sorcerer
    Bard

Is there any reason to use a wizard? Normally in PnP they have the Scribe Scroll feat for free, along with some other item creation and metamagic dealies. I don't play PnP, but I'd figure abilities like that would go a long way to make the wiz as useful in a party as a sorc. Problem in a game like this is that a wiz is just a weaker varient that uses intelligence instead of charisma. Oh well...
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I have a drow wizard/rogue. Their abilities go very well together. 20 int for lots of skill points. And 20 dext for lots of rogue skill.

so I have one of those in addition to a sorcerer. And I have 2 clerics well one is a paladin/cleric.

Comment

I'm still stuck on "Pools Of Radiance"
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

Well, in my games, battles are often over very quickly.. either my char dies, or the enemy does within a few moments

I mean, casting a few summoning spells costs a lot of time, unless yo uuse a sequencer, but you don't have endless amounts of those...

Also I tend not to sleep very often, In BG2 I wos like in suldanesselar in what 2 weeks or so? and I do all the sidequests I can.. therefore wizards are not much use to me.. you could do perfectly without a wizard, but hardly without a healer (i just use all my cleric slots for heal spells )

of course things get nasty when enemy wizards cast protective spells so your kickass fighters can't hurt the mages...
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

no mages

I love them. I don't use all their spells though. I use them to bring down protetions so my fighter types can do some smashing. And I use them for direct offensive power. I also do use summons on difficult battles. I don't bother summoning on easy battles.

Comment

Working...
            X