Arrrrrgh: The Pirate Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrrrgh: The Pirate Game

Have you ever heard of this game? If not, go get it!
    Arrrgh: The Pirate Game
    IMO it's one of the best TBS games ever. It is rather tough to beat and best of all, it has simultaneous turns!

I love planting mines!
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    George Orwell

your link is dead

Comment

Zkribbler: Working fine for me. Try pasting it into your browser address line.

Axi: I d/l ed this earlier and played for a few hours. Very fun. Haven't quite got the hang of it, but I LIKE IT!

Thanks
      "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

The AI tends to buy up alot of ships which are only half full and thus get alot of movement points. This is good for initial expansion, but IMO if you plan your movement carefully and you get lucky with ports, you can get away with bying less ships. Mines are very cost-effective, if you deploy them at key spot. Deploy several mines per square.

What I have yet to figure out is the pattern by which ships are being destroyed after a battle.
        George Orwell

Comment

Quite a learning curve in the beginning, but now Im getting the hang of it, its kind of fun!
          Libertas inaestimabilis res est.
          (Liberty is a thing beyond all price.)
          ~Corpus Iuris Civilis: Digesta

Comment

Just don't ever pick druids. Their handicap is really annoying.
            George Orwell

Comment

Arrgh is the right name... That's what I say when I have been playing this game for what seemed to be just fifteen minutes, and then I look at the clock, and see that I am almost late for a lecture... Or it is too late to do homework... It's just too addictive.

Oh, and the Giants are the way to go in it.
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

I've had that game for a LONGGGGG time.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                X