New Game Boy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Game Boy!

I read in a German News Magazine that Nintendo is bringinig a new Game Boy Advance to the Market called SP, which will be backround lit. They had a couple pictures of the device and it looked nothing like the Gameboy Advance we know! Has anybody heard anything about it?

So long...
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

From what I understand, it is essentially a cell-phone sized GBA, with a backlit screen and a sleeker look. Very, very marketable for the Japanese crowd, and will probably do well in the US too thanks to the backlit screen.
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Pictures have been released a while ago.

The biggest draw is the backlit screen and the 10 hour battery life with the rechargable li-ion battery
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Does anybody have a good link? I was thinking of picking a GBA up but I may as well wait on the new model.

So long...
        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

GamersHell is the ultimate destination for gaming news, reviews, previews, videos and more.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Not much information but the thing looks cool. A bit more sober and serious than the original one. I'll probably give it a go at some point. I was wondering though what the SP stands for?

So long...

Comment

Special?
              I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

In the magazine article I read the German Manager of Nintendo was not sure what the SP stands for, it could be "special" I guess but there might be some other meaning.

So long...
                Last edited by The Pioneer; February 4, 2003, 03:05.

Comment

Sigh. I wish MICROSOFT made a handheld....Probably a much higher quality product....
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Well, that would just lead to more power to monopolize and at the very end you will also be ownd by Microsoft

I like Nintendo the way they are, I've played or owned at one time or another all game consoles since the Atari 2600 came out in the early 80s. I like the XBox but I went with GC for now as I love Mario and Louigi !

So long...

Comment

Well done. You will be among the blessed in the next life.
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Only buy it if you don't already have a GBA -- it plays the same games, but the battery life is shorter and the only advantages are size and the light. As long as you use the 'old' one with at least one overhead light, it's fine. I don't want one because I'm far too used to the shape of the regular GBA with one of those rechargeable grip dealies -- saves quite a bit on batteries.
                        Talent Optional

Comment

The battery life is shorter?

How long does does the regular GBA's battery last?

The GBA-SP lasts 18 hours with the light off, 10 with it on. And it's a li-ion battery, so it recharges very fast...

Comment

Working...
                          X