Warcraft 3 on battle.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcraft 3 on battle.net

Any 'Poly players? I have started playing again now, so I thought I'd ask just in case.

I tried to play a little bit when I just got the game, but the whole deal with map hacks, and disconnect hacks deterred me.

By an interesting coincidence, I took up playing warcraft again about a week ago, though I decided to go through the campaigns again, since I've already forgotten the story, and how to play.

So, are there still a lot of cheaters over there?
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Nah, a load just got banned when the new patch came out and hacking was detected by the battle.net servers.

To be honest it's ok unless you're a very high level player (the top 1000 get a rank) when you have to watch each game for suspicious behaviour. Below that people just play for fun, though like any MP game you benefit from putting together a list of fair players around your standard that you like playing.

What realm are you?

Comment

I haven't played mp WC3, only the campaigns. I should give it a try some time. How does their matchmaking service work? Is there a good chance that I would get some lower level skill level opponents to have a chance against?
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I used to play a bit, and I'd love to play with you Spike. However, I don't even have the game installed now and so I would suck even more than usual.
          Also, I start a new job tomorrow and so I don't think I'll have a lot of time for gaming in the near future.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Tniem:

Yes everyone has a level, which depends on the experience points you have accumulated. You get more points for beating better players than yourself, and lose points for losing to players worse than yourself.

You can either choose to play a non-rated game against another low ranked player, or let battle.net choose for you, and a low-ranked player who is also searching will be matched with you for a rated game.

I recommend you try it. Don't be dishearted if you get mashed the first few times.......the world of MP is tough in any game.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
              I used to play a bit, and I'd love to play with you Spike. However, I don't even have the game installed now and so I would suck even more than usual.
              Also, I start a new job tomorrow and so I don't think I'll have a lot of time for gaming in the near future.
              Well give me a shout if you feel like playing Warcraft again......maybe the weekends would work.

Comment

i might be interested even though i haven't played any wc3 ever, but my brother bought it so i do have access to the game. i used to play wc2 on a lan quite a bit. i have a feeling i'm too spoiled though for wc3 now. if i had a faster pc and a faster net connection i'd have no problem playing it. i can't stand slowdowns(pc lag) or inet lag since 2/3s of competitive gaming is net connection, and framerate. i know everyone says those are excuses but long ago when i went from a p133 to a p2 400, how good i was in quake/wc2/etc changed dramatically in a few days. my brother is up to lvl 7 so far but since i'm much better than him at every game he plays maybe i'll actually be good. and yes, i'm trying to convince myself i'll like wc3 even though i have many doubts. i'll let you know if i ever get around to trying it.
                Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Well, wow, not many cheaters left at lower levels, Dr.S? That's cool. Heh, I might even play some time. Although it's been so much time since I last played MP, that I forget which realm I was in... Lordaeron? Hmmm... Whichever one is for the east coast of the us.
                  XBox Live: VovanSim
                  xbox.com (login required)
                  Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                  Spore page

Comment

heh, the number of cheaters on bnet is astounding - it sounds like counter strike.

blizzard permanently disabled 1,000 cd keys from ladder play on battle.net, resulting in the permanent closure of approximately 2,000 accounts that were tied to those cd keys. they also permanently closed 27,000 additional accounts and disabled 16,000 CD keys from ladder play for one month!
                    Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Congrats!
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        Congrats!
                        Thanks mate
                        It's only a 3 month contract, but it's some real work for a change (as opposed to stupid data-entry jobs that any monkey could do) and I'm getting £1000 per month - easily the biggest wages I've ever had.

The guy I'm working for is an Aussie, actually, and a pretty sterotypical one at that - straight, blunt talking and a great sense of humour!

I hope your job hunting is going well.

Sorry for the thread jacking Spike

So ... yeah .... battle.net eh? Warcraft 3?
                        Orcs rock and cheaters suck! Discuss....

Comment

So ... yeah .... battle.net eh? Warcraft 3?
                          Orcs rock and cheaters suck! Discuss....
                          What about cheating orcs?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

What about cheating orcs?
                            To them I say "Whatever you say Mr.Big Green Scary Orc. Have it your way. I won't give you any trouble. What's that? You want my leg? Sure ... take it .. I've got another."

Comment

To them I say "Whatever you say Mr.Big Green Scary Orc. Have it your way. I won't give you any trouble. What's that? You want my leg? Sure ... take it .. I've got another."
                              Wimp.

Comment

Working...
                              X