How to deal with game cheaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with game cheaters

In-game cheaters have always been a problem, but one large LAN party seems to have found a good solution for how to deal with those pesky cheaters.

http://www.duckworld.ch/cheaters.asx [Windows Media Video (requires WMP 8 or 9)]

I wouldn't want to be the cheater in that video.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

I've seen that before, a perfect example of the jack-asses who play counter strike. (And I'm not refering to the cheater)
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Sometimes I wish I could do that to a few cheaters I meet
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

WTF ! Were they playing for money, or some kind of prize ? Sure, noone likes a cheater, but if its just a game, then the punishment could be found a little harsh, perhaps. Having said that, there's a few guys I know that deserve this treatment...

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Well, I could maybe finally reveal that it was a setup. No one was actually thrown out.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Seems perfectly reasonable to me

SG[1]
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I think it would have to be staged. I mean, even for counter-strike players, that's a little much.

All it took was someone yelling "WTF we have a cheater here" and they run over and throw him on the curb....

Actually, no. It sounds like a typical thing to expect from the people who play that game.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Whats the gist of the thing?
                I don't want to download the file.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  Whats the gist of the thing?
                  I don't want to download the file.

There was big LAN party and someone yells "Hey WTF!! I think we have a cheater here" then the camera looks around and zooms to the action, where a bunch of guys come over, unplug his computer, pick him up and then throw him out the door along with his computer - which hits the pavement and smashes to bits.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Well that's what happens when you live in America

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

/me will have to make an exception for this file.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Skanky,

it's worth seeing.

Comment

Lol, cheats tend to make it harder to enjoy MP.......they deserve whatever punishment they get.

Comment

iirc there was a story similar to this that happened at a big cpl lan. i don't remember it all but i think it basically went like this - supposedly people thought a player who was quite good was a cheater due to online rumors and when he showed up at the lan they decided to get back at him. the accused cheater left his computer unattened over the course of the lan to later come back and find it totally trashed. i don't even think there was any hard proof against him. even if he was a cheater it's just a ****ing game! cpl lans are full of stories like this lately, theft seems like it happens a lot if not random destruction like this.
                            Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                              Well, I could maybe finally reveal that it was a setup. No one was actually thrown out.
                              I think that would be obvious to most people.

Otherwise that guy would be really pissed off. "I'm gonna sue 'ur asses man".
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X